Flynn to Lincoln?

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Pirates

Flynn to Lincoln?

Postby Pirates » September 9th, 2019, 1:25 pm

MF odds on favourite
no avatar
User

Pirates

Re: Lincoln

Postby Pirates » September 9th, 2019, 1:27 pm

They got a £1 million from Huddersfield—we need the same !!!!
no avatar
User

ref23

Postby ref23 » September 9th, 2019, 1:50 pm

Lol. Appreciate they're well-positioned at the moment, but are Lincoln really going to progress much further than where they are at the moment? Would seem a strange move if that happened. If he sits tight a better gig than that will come up.

Had to laugh at the Lincoln forum, who are suggesting they should be trying get Tranmere's manager? What sane manager would take a backwards step like that?
User

JonD

Corridor of Uncertainty

Postby JonD » September 9th, 2019, 2:22 pm

I feel Flynn would be a good fit at Lincoln, but god forbid it happens.

If I were him I'd be looking for my next move to be a Championship club on the up who'd just lost their manager to the EPL.

And that team name should, uhm, begin and end with J. Otherwise I'd stick with the County :-)
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » September 9th, 2019, 2:28 pm

No bigger City than Newport but more than double the fan base.
Were regulars in the Old Division 1 (Championship) before hitting on hard times.
Bigger club than County.
The right manager would be fine in getting them back to the Championship
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » September 9th, 2019, 2:38 pm

Must be well over 50 years since Lincoln played in the second tier?
no avatar
User

ref23

Postby ref23 » September 9th, 2019, 2:49 pm

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:No bigger City than Newport but more than double the fan base.
Were regulars in the Old Division 1 (Championship) before hitting on hard times.
Bigger club than County.
The right manager would be fine in getting them back to the Championship

That was the 1960s. No way will they be a long-standing tier two team again any time soon.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » September 9th, 2019, 2:59 pm

George Street-Bridge wrote:Must be well over 50 years since Lincoln played in the second tier?

Being 70 I do remember them being there.
Apart from 39 we have never been there.
Appreciate they came down as quick as they went up but I can remember both Northampton & Carlisle in the old Division 1.
Surreal first game in division 1 televised on MOTD had Carlisle playing I think Chelsea so it is possible to obtain glory days.

Forgot Swindon, Bradford City & Oldham we have never had a sniff.
Last edited by Frank Nouble 3 on September 9th, 2019, 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
no avatar
User

ref23

Postby ref23 » September 9th, 2019, 3:02 pm

Lincoln are no Royal Engineers; there's a proper club right there, a return to the glory days for whom are surely just a good manager away.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » September 9th, 2019, 3:08 pm

I heard Flynny Mrs not keen on moving so good news and Mike can build his career here with the boards backing
User

papajohn

51DegN, 2DegW,

Postby papajohn » September 9th, 2019, 3:49 pm

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Must be well over 50 years since Lincoln played in the second tier?

Being 70 I do remember them being there.
Apart from 39 we have never been there.
Appreciate they came down as quick as they went up but I can remember both Northampton & Carlisle in the old Division 1.
Surreal first game in division 1 televised on MOTD had Carlisle playing I think Chelsea so it is possible to obtain glory days.

Forgot Swindon, Bradford City & Oldham we have never had a sniff.

If my memory serves me right Northampton's progress was as follows:
1961 Div 4 - 1962 Div 3 - 1963 Div 2 - 1964 Div 1 - 1965 Div2 - 1966 Div3 - 1967 Div 4

Yes yes, I know the thread is supposed to be about Lincoln :?
no avatar
User

ROKERITE

Postby ROKERITE » September 9th, 2019, 4:49 pm

The Cowleys transformed Lincoln City, quadrupling their attendances as well as winning two titles in three years. But I would argue that makes Lincoln a job to avoid right now. Immediately following a management team who have almost overachieved is not a wise move.
Lincoln City is a much bigger club than Newport County but if Mr Flynn gets The Exiles up this season then better jobs will open up for him, perhaps not so far away to keep Mrs Flynn happy if UPTHEPORT is right.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » September 9th, 2019, 6:15 pm

Maybe Steve Evans might fancy it.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Re: Flynn to Lincoln?

Postby Percy plunkett » September 9th, 2019, 7:24 pm

Every job that comes up sees Flynny in the betting.They obviously don't know Mrs Flynn's views on where she and her children intend living.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: Flynn to Lincoln?

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » September 9th, 2019, 7:41 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:Every job that comes up sees Flynny in the betting.They obviously don't know Mrs Flynn's views on where she and her children intend living.

If a championship side came calling do you seriously think Mrs Flynn would try to stop a move.
Regardless of probably trebling the household income?
Next