Re: EXILES GRANDSTAND- Northampton Away.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Tomorrow we need a clear statement from Foxhall and Flynny.
Supporters owned club?
1 No truth in all the rumours
2 Yes I am off to Lincoln
3 Nothing has yet been decided albeit discussions are taking place.

Anything else is an insult to us fans.
For once I agree with you.

It doesn't take a lot to quell the speculation and rumours - I think as fans we deserve some clarity on the situation.

A simple statement outlining Flynn's intentions either way would be most welcome.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Just read Flynnys article in the Argus this morning.
Ridiculous comment regarding all the speculation didn't affect the players.
He is going for sure imo.
So he will be in charge Tuesday but nothing else on the situation.
Sort of half hearted insult at fans also.
Piss poor
Quite agree, “ I’ll be in charge on Tuesday “ is definitely half-@rsed. It’s all about haggling about cash I suspect because all he had to say is “ I’m not interested in a move at this time “, that he didn’t say it speaks volumes. The even worse thing for me is to insult our intelligence by saying the speculation doesn’t affect the players : I should think more than half of them were persuaded to come/stay because of him so it’s most unlikely that it wouldn’t be on their minds. We need clarity now or all the good work at the start of this season will be trashed. So fed up with this continued lack of clear statements about his future , I’m beginning to think it’d be better for a move and to make a settled appointment.

lowandhard wrote:
Piss poor
Quite agree, “ I’ll be in charge on Tuesday “ is definitely half-@rsed. It’s all about haggling about cash I suspect because all he had to say is “ I’m not interested in a move at this time “, that he didn’t say it speaks volumes. The even worse thing for me is to insult our intelligence by saying the speculation doesn’t affect the players : I should think more than half of them were persuaded to come/stay because of him so it’s most unlikely that it wouldn’t be on their minds. We need clarity now or all the good work at the start of this season will be trashed. So fed up with this continued lack of clear statements about his future , I’m beginning to think it’d be better for a move and to make a settled appointment.
If and again reiterate "if" Flynny is going then it may well be that they are already interviewing for his replacement and the agreement with Lincoln is he will stay until after Macclesfield when the new management team can be put in place. People need to find houses and potentially schools as well as sorting out contracts, so these things are bound to be protracted.

What worries me the most is that we may have had a glimpse of what the team is capable of when demotivated.

It seems that most players have signed (or re-signed) because of the pull of Flynn’s personality - it’s been the first thing players have been asked about when signing. So if he goes, are we left with a bunch of players that don’t really want to be here?

It’s just something we have to get over and move on from though. If Ainsworth goes to Lincoln Flynn will be the odds-on favourite for Wycombe, it’ll just go on and on...

lowandhard wrote:
Piss poor
No individual is bigger than the club - he's a paid employee and he has been great for us. However, if this speculation is going to happen each and everytime a fellow manager 'moves on or out' then I too think (like the comment above) ' ....it'd be better for a move....'.
So if he does go, 'Thank you Michael', and then onto using our energies and focus on the next managerial appointment(s) and 'bedding them in'. Exciting times as always. Time to mix it up.
UTC
Ps I personally don't think it's a good move for him - to me it looks like a move for move's sake but it's his career, his call, hope he calls it right.

halfmoon wrote:What worries me the most is that we may have had a glimpse of what the team is capable of when demotivated.

It seems that most players have signed (or re-signed) because of the pull of Flynn’s personality - it’s been the first thing players have been asked about when signing. So if he goes, are we left with a bunch of players that don’t really want to be here?

It’s just something we have to get over and move on from though. If Ainsworth goes to Lincoln Flynn will be the odds-on favourite for Wycombe, it’ll just go on and on...
Most of the players, probably all, signed or resigned because Newport was the best gig they could get. We have better players now because of the funds from the Cup runs.

I agree with your analysis re Wycombe. But I think we need to realize that for professional footballers, and managers, it's a job. I agree though that it is incumbent on the club to bring the situation to a head. I have said and I stand by it, Foxhall needs to give Flynn an unambiguous message. Kill the speculation now or take gardening leave.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
halfmoon wrote:What worries me the most is that we may have had a glimpse of what the team is capable of when demotivated.

Most of the players, probably all, signed or resigned because Newport was the best gig they could get. We have better players now because of the funds from the Cup runs.

I agree with your analysis re Wycombe. But I think we need to realize that for professional footballers, and managers, it's a job. I agree though that it is incumbent on the club to bring the situation to a head. I have said and I stand by it, Foxhall needs to give Flynn an unambiguous message. Kill the speculation now or take gardening leave.

two players have said they turned down higher bids to sign for us again as they had ''unfinished business'' and believed in the ''project''
Thats all I will say on the matter as I have no evidence whether they are correct statements or not...just reports/hearsay

Its hard to say that Foxhall should tell MF what you are saying as most of the gossip is paper talk , messageboard speak and rumours. MF has said there has been no contact so wherther you believe what he says is down to an individual , not the club.

By the way yesterday was a S hite display that maynot help the speculation as hardly any of the players turned up.
Thanks boys , £150 quid spent and you fail to turn up :evil: :evil: :evil:

neilcork68 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

two players have said they turned down higher bids to sign for us again as they had ''unfinished business'' and believed in the ''project''
Thats all I will say on the matter as I have no evidence whether they are correct statements or not...just reports/hearsay

Its hard to say that Foxhall should tell MF what you are saying as most of the gossip is paper talk , messageboard speak and rumours. MF has said there has been no contact so wherther you believe what he says is down to an individual , not the club.

By the way yesterday was a S hite display that maynot help the speculation as hardly any of the players turned up.
Thanks boys , £150 quid spent and you fail to turn up :evil: :evil: :evil:
Hi Neil,

In fairness have you ever heard a professional footballer say on signing for ant club, "I will of course do my very best for the club, but I'm only here because United/City/Rovers/County/Athletic made me the best offer?

Me neither. :grin:

I know for a fact that one player signed for us even though he was offered more from a higher division club but he turned them down because he believed we were a better option for him. He believed what MF was aiming for and wanted to be part of it The same length of contract as well was offered but higher wages.
Didnt Labadie say he signed because of the way the club treated him whilst injured too ?? He was offered better deals elsewhere..

As I said , apart from the one I know for a FACT the other rumours are hearsay...

Corky.

Genuinely sorry for you and all the fans that turned up and paid lots of cash to be treated to a couldn't care less attitude from paid professionals regardless of the Flynny situation.
Flynny seems to have made light weight of it to the Argus.
Quite chilled about Saturday afternoon which is worrying.
"loose sooner than later"
If he knows he is going anyway get someone in for Tuesday.
Like Stan said give him gardening leave