Re: EXILES GRANDSTAND- Northampton Away.

Good Evening

I don’t like football at the moment... all the anticipation, all the excitement and all the expectations and i feel like I’ve been kicked in the b@&£?ks.
An absolutely dire performance on the pitch. Was it affected by all the off field gossip, rumour and speculation? Who knows. I recall a similar situation a few years ago, relying on a fading memory, it may have been Tamworth away, Holdsworth quit during the day, we played woefully, players arguing amongst themselves and at least one sent off. Today seemed so like that.
Even the support, usually very good at away games seemed as though their heart wasn’t in it.
I suppose it’s to be expected until the ship is steady on course again, but we are all feeling a little sea sick just now.
Credit to Northampton, deserved their victory and took advantage of our malaise.
Let’s hope for things to be sorted speedily and move forward with a purpose once again. It feels like one loss and our season is ruined but of course that’s not the case. Remember how things turned out last time we lost to Northampton!
As we all know , managers, players and even board members all eventually reach their sell by date, but us fans are eternal and will live on in hope and anticipation, excitement and expectation into the next part of the story.

Phil in Northampton, proud to be part of the Amber Army!

Re: EXILES GRANDSTAND- Northampton Away.

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Evening

I don’t like football at the moment... all the anticipation, all the excitement and all the expectations and i feel like I’ve been kicked in the b@&£?ks.
An absolutely dire performance on the pitch. Was it affected by all the off field gossip, rumour and speculation? Who knows. I recall a similar situation a few years ago, relying on a fading memory, it may have been Tamworth away, Holdsworth quit during the day, we played woefully, players arguing amongst themselves and at least one sent off. Today seemed so like that.
Even the support, usually very good at away games seemed as though their heart wasn’t in it.
I suppose it’s to be expected until the ship is steady on course again, but we are all feeling a little sea sick just now.
Credit to Northampton, deserved their victory and took advantage of our malaise.
Let’s hope for things to be sorted speedily and move forward with a purpose once again. It feels like one loss and our season is ruined but of course that’s not the case. Remember how things turned out last time we lost to Northampton!
As we all know , managers, players and even board members all eventually reach their sell by date, but us fans are eternal and will live on in hope and anticipation, excitement and expectation into the next part of the story.

Phil in Northampton, proud to be part of the Amber Army!
Well said.
Sounds like an awful game.
No excuse to perform dire like you report.
Regardless of the management turmoil.