Academy manager

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

14889

Location

MT

Academy Manager

Postby Exile 1976 » September 11th, 2019, 7:28 am

no avatar
User

CaerfilliJacko

Posts

206

Re: Academy Manager

Postby CaerfilliJacko » September 11th, 2019, 7:40 am

Old news. I posted this on 25th August!
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

14889

Location

MT

Re: Academy Manager

Postby Exile 1976 » September 11th, 2019, 7:41 am

CaerfilliJacko wrote:Old news. I posted this on 25th August!



Well done you.
no avatar
User

Justanordinaryfan

Posts

961

Re: Academy Manager

Postby Justanordinaryfan » September 11th, 2019, 8:53 am

Lol !

This role really is a poisoned chalice!
no avatar
User

CaerfilliJacko

Posts

206

Re: Academy Manager

Postby CaerfilliJacko » September 11th, 2019, 10:28 am

Exile 1976 wrote:
CaerfilliJacko wrote:Old news. I posted this on 25th August!



Well done you.

Thanks :cheers:
no avatar
User

OLDSTER

Posts

21

Re: Academy Manager

Postby OLDSTER » September 11th, 2019, 10:39 am

If I remember rightly, the original post said the altercation was with a player's father. Now it's said it was with the player himself. Does anyone know what actually happened and if the internal investigation has been completed? Academy Manager is an important position and this needs to be dealt with.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

14889

Location

MT

Re: Academy Manager

Postby Exile 1976 » September 11th, 2019, 11:01 am

OLDSTER wrote:If I remember rightly, the original post said the altercation was with a player's father. Now it's said it was with the player himself. Does anyone know what actually happened and if the internal investigation has been completed? Academy Manager is an important position and this needs to be dealt with.



I know one parent who had a massive row with him over the way he spoke to his son, who then got a move on to a team in a higher league’s academy a couple of weeks later.
User avatar
User

ComeOnCounty

Posts

2141

Location

Trinant

Re: Academy Manager

Postby ComeOnCounty » September 11th, 2019, 11:50 am

1. Innocent until prove guilty.
2. Club (or any company) cannot and should not comment publicly on any investigation until its conclusion.
3. This is an internal matter, and should not have been leaked to the press (and messageboards)
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

12275

Re: Academy Manager

Postby Stan A. Einstein » September 11th, 2019, 12:06 pm

ComeOnCounty wrote:1. Innocent until prove guilty.
2. Club (or any company) cannot and should not comment publicly on any investigation until its conclusion.
3. This is an internal matter, and should not have been leaked to the press (and messageboards)


You make three points.

!. I agree

2. Agree. However this should not be used as an excuse to kick it into the long grass. Stevens' racism enquiry?

3. I disagree. However I respect your view. That said it's in the public domain now. These things, once out, can't be put back in the bottle.
no avatar
User

Chez

Posts

637

Location

Newport

Re: Academy Manager

Postby Chez » September 11th, 2019, 12:31 pm

no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Posts

887

Re: Academy Manager

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » September 11th, 2019, 12:44 pm

The turn around of staff at our club is unbelievably high.
Lets hope Flynny, Wayne and Lennie do not add to it though.
Everything crossed
no avatar
User

OLDSTER

Posts

21

Re: Academy Manager

Postby OLDSTER » September 11th, 2019, 3:31 pm


Well that answers my questions. A shame because in pre-season when he took young teams to play in friendly games he seemed to speak well and sounded positive. Let's hope the position can be filled more adequately this time.
no avatar
User

county1959

Posts

20

Re: Academy Manager

Postby county1959 » September 11th, 2019, 4:10 pm

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:The turn around of staff at our club is unbelievably high.
Lets hope Flynny, Wayne and Lennie do not add to it though.
Everything crossed


If the rumours are true then good riddance and it’s no fault of the club. But regardless of that the turnover of staff is just stupid. Something is not right in my honest opinion.
User avatar
User

daftasfxxx

Posts

5298

Location

Newport

Re: Academy Manager

Postby daftasfxxx » September 11th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Bit of an arsehole ive heard who treated academy players and parents like shit
User avatar
User

JonD

Posts

2065

Location

Corridor of Uncertainty

Re: Academy Manager

Postby JonD » September 12th, 2019, 5:21 am

Curious how the guy lasted six years at Stevenage yet at the County is allegedly outed as a bully in next to no time.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fan1967, George Street-Bridge, Kairdiff Exile, llanwern exile and 42 guests

Powered by phpBB ®