Re: If Flynn goes, who would you like?

ref23 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:Ex-Argus rugby reporter Robin Davey says he's heard Flynn is a done deal.

Still think Flynn's nailed on for the Cardiff job when Warnock leaves in the summer. No need to go to Lincoln. He'll be in the Championship in July.
Don't take any notice of what Robin Davey says. Guy's a *********** and always has been.
Yep. Takes great pleasure at every minor misfortune that befalls County. To be ignored

halfmoon wrote:
ref23 wrote:
DT1892 wrote:Ex-Argus rugby reporter Robin Davey says he's heard Flynn is a done deal.

Still think Flynn's nailed on for the Cardiff job when Warnock leaves in the summer. No need to go to Lincoln. He'll be in the Championship in July.
Don't take any notice of what Robin Davey says. Guy's a ********* and always has been.
Yep. Takes great pleasure at every minor misfortune that befalls County. To be ignored
As an Argus journalist he once wrote County should throw in the towel and we should all support Cardiff. Only problem with that is I'm a Newportonian, and always will be.

Unfortunately whilst he may be a person I don't like, that does not necessarily equate with him being wrong on any given issue.

To answer the threads question.
Simple
"Wayne do you want to be a number 1 at an EFL club, if you do the job is yours."
The fella brings all the moves, set pieces to the team plus takes training.
He wont take prisoners either.
Lenny to keep him advised as well.
Without these 2 Flynny would only be half as successful.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
halfmoon wrote:
ref23 wrote:

Don't take any notice of what Robin Davey says. Guy's a *********** and always has been.
As an Argus journalist he once wrote County should throw in the towel and we should all support Cardiff. Only problem with that is I'm a Newportonian, and always will be.

Unfortunately whilst he may be a person I don't like, that does not necessarily equate with him being wrong on any given issue.

His tweet was (as near as dammit) .. “Heard from big County fans that live nearby Flynny saying it’s a pretty much a done deal”

Nothing we can really do if Flynn is looking elsewhere. His record justifies him being linked to big jobs.

So long as he's turning up and doing the 9-5, he's got the right to interview for another job. Same as any worker. And he knows we need him more than he needs us right now.

Ball's in his court. But I hope Ainsworth goes to Lincoln and we try to tie down Flynn till next summer at least.

If not Flynn, I hope we can keep either Lennie, Hats, or both. We don't want someone who's learning on the job.
Last edited by landinho on September 16th, 2019, 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:To answer the threads question.
Simple
"Wayne do you want to be a number 1 at an EFL club, if you do the job is yours."
People said the same for feeney and dack. How many assistants have taken over and been successful over the years? For me it’s a no because the players will only ever see him as an assistant.

Bush wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:To answer the threads question.
Simple
People said the same for feeney and dack. How many assistants have taken over and been successful over the years? For me it’s a no because the players will only ever see him as an assistant.
Nobody
Dack never wanted it in the first place.
Feeney was a bit unlucky as was dismissed after Grimsby game when by all accounts we played well.

excessbee wrote:He may have been replaced after the Grimsby game, but he wasn't replaced because of one game and wouldn't have been reprieved because of one game. Even Westley wasn't replaced because of the Orient game .......
Sorry but you are incorrect with both responses.
The whole board were asked to attend the Grimsby game as Feeneys position was getting a worry.
If we had beaten Grimsby that night he would not of been dismissed that very evening until a later date.
Until the Orient game albeit alarm bells were ringing Westley had started with some really excellent set pieces which gradually disappeared as the games progressed.
By the end of that dreadful performance against Orient he was dead man walking.
Likewise Butcher in an identical situation against Crawley.

excessbee wrote:?? You say I'm incorrect then agree with me that managers are sacked because of an accumulation of poor results.
You said "he wouldn't have been reprieved because of one good game".
That is incorrect he would have.
Likewise if Westley god forbid had beaten Orient that day he would not of been fired, same for Butcher.
That imo is a fact.