Re: Why not Sol Campbell

OLDSTER wrote:
gazza wrote:Why not Sol? We’ve had big name ex England managers here - not great. We probably cant afford him. What’s he done as a manager? Not a lot and walked away from Macclesfield.
After not being paid for four months, so it was reported.
Correct
Who wouldn't
The Woking fella looks ideal by the way or somebody with a similar history.

Re: If Flynn goes, who would you like?

I don't think Flynn is going anywhere unless the BOD have seen the amount Huddersfield have paid to Lincoln for the Cowley Brothers and want to take a significant amount of that cash off their hands. For me there is no logic in Flynn going to Lincoln - he's currently the boss of a club that is improving year on year despite a small budget to operate on and minuscule match day revenue streams. IMHO on his current record he can do better than Lincoln. And I suspect he realises that.

I also think he wants a promotion on his CV before moving on from his hometown club. He's a young man as a Manager and has many years ahead of him to manage at higher levels. There is no need to rush to potential suitors - there will be other offers...

The essence of our club's success is that our manager has instilled a belief in the players that has enabled them to play in a manner that is better than the sum of their individual abilities.

Ok, I know what I mean even if I've expressed it poorly.

He's instilled belief. The players have bought into it, they've exceeded expectations.

This is down in no small part to Michael Flynn's man management.

And then there's Sol Campbell's man management. That's why he will be a failure at a club like Newport. IMO.

On paper Sol Campbell looks a decent "punt". Certainly what was achieved at Macclesfield last season was impressive and if County were in a similar position then he'd be towards the top of the list of potential managers. However County are not where Macclesfield were, they were there two seasons ago and County are two seasons "progressed" from that point. So IMHO Sol Campbell would put County back two seasons...

Re: Flynn 1/4 odds fav - who succeeds?

Mr Figo wrote:Steve Cotterill will no doubt be in the mix.

Although Nathan Jones would be my first choice. Has he gone yet?
Cotterill along with Westley and Sheridan is disliked by other managers,do we want another arrogant so and so.Would he drop down to L2 after a career at L1 and above.Finally,he got interviewed in 96 and didn't get the job,does he still hold a grudge,probably.