Re: Bury FC

They are wasting time which would be better used getting a new club started.. There's nothing in it for L2 clubs, the favour can only be done for a club going bust in a higher division so a precedent would have limited value. Plus it would punish the club finishing 23rd which presumably will have stayed within the rules.

And not forgetting if they had been reprieved they were projecting a loss of £1.5m this season, i.e. going straight out and signing another squad they couldn't afford.

Kevinmoorefellover wrote:To stop all this nonsense, what the interested parties at Bury need to do is band together, buy Wimbledon, and move them to Greater Manchester. At some point they could change the club's name to something like AFC Bury to reflect their new location.
To get a bit of karma here wouldn’t it be better if they bought MK Dons ,move them as above and call them MK DonBury?

lowandhard wrote:
Kevinmoorefellover wrote:To stop all this nonsense, what the interested parties at Bury need to do is band together, buy Wimbledon, and move them to Greater Manchester. At some point they could change the club's name to something like AFC Bury to reflect their new location.
To get a bit of karma here wouldn’t it be better if they bought MK Dons ,move them as above and call them MK DonBury?
Indirectly, I was drawing a parallel with the original injustice of moving Wimbledon to Milton Keynes. However, Bury replacing MK Dons in the League would be fine with me.

worksop amber wrote:Rejected by the EFL clubs so wont be allowed back into league 2 next season
Quite right too in my opinion
So now they have to find a league to accept them. With no assets and massive debts, the National League should stay well clear. A 'start up club' in local football might be as good as it gets. They may get more sympathy following that route. Delighted the EFL has stood firm.

excessbee wrote:
worksop amber wrote:Rejected by the EFL clubs so wont be allowed back into league 2 next season
So now they have to find a league to accept them. With no assets and massive debts, the National League should stay well clear. A 'start up club' in local football might be as good as it gets. They may get more sympathy following that route. Delighted the EFL has stood firm.
You clearly forget our roots.
Thank goodness Moreton was a little better than parks football.
You hope parks football is as good as it gets, seriously?
Try thinking about there supporters just like we were all those years ago.
Like us one nutcase like Sherman has brought them down crashing.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Local football is what we played in the Hellenic League IMO.

Wrong Frank. Sherman only turned up after we had all but crashed. Their dodgy owner(s) were spending money that they never had, buying a promotion that another team should by rights have been awarded. There is still a fraud investigation ongoing into their CVA arrangement. If they had acted in a less greedy manner, they would probably be playing in League Two this season. So far all we've seen is their supporters bleating about how hard done by they are and wanting the rules to be changed because they got their fingers burned. There are £500k in debts written off (well, being paid at 25%). That's local businesses being screwed over. When debts are paid, then they will be entitled to earn a place in the EFL from scratch.

Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:
I'm not saying they should be playing parks football although I do tend to agree that the Hellenic league wasn't much better than that, I'm just glad they weren't allowed back into the football league as that would be setting a dangerous precedent.
Just my opinion of course

They should start at the bottom, end of. Of course I feel sorry for the fans, especially the ones who refused to celebrate their promotion in May when it was obvious they were facing financial oblivion and had cheated Mansfield out of promotion. Oh wait.....

Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:
Sorry but its a step or 2 above Newport & District.

excessbee wrote:Wrong Frank. Sherman only turned up after we had all but crashed. Their dodgy owner(s) were spending money that they never had, buying a promotion that another team should by rights have been awarded. There is still a fraud investigation ongoing into their CVA arrangement. If they had acted in a less greedy manner, they would probably be playing in League Two this season. So far all we've seen is their supporters bleating about how hard done by they are and wanting the rules to be changed because they got their fingers burned. There are £500k in debts written off (well, being paid at 25%). That's local businesses being screwed over. When debts are paid, then they will be entitled to earn a place in the EFL from scratch.
Any club in that position would have supporters bleating (don't like that description).
When we went under every body got paid of course.

worksop amber wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
excessbee wrote:
I'm not saying they should be playing parks football although I do tend to agree that the Hellenic league wasn't much better than that, I'm just glad they weren't allowed back into the football league as that would be setting a dangerous precedent.
Just my opinion of course
Totally agree

cheers

excessbee wrote:Wrong Frank. Sherman only turned up after we had all but crashed. Their dodgy owner(s) were spending money that they never had, buying a promotion that another team should by rights have been awarded. There is still a fraud investigation ongoing into their CVA arrangement. If they had acted in a less greedy manner, they would probably be playing in League Two this season. So far all we've seen is their supporters bleating about how hard done by they are and wanting the rules to be changed because they got their fingers burned. There are £500k in debts written off (well, being paid at 25%). That's local businesses being screwed over. When debts are paid, then they will be entitled to earn a place in the EFL from scratch.
Why did we crash?
Because we overspent.
Then Sherman promised the world like the idiot in Bury did.
They fell for it as we did all those years ago.
Mahoney is still waiting for his promised return.

If they start again, they'll probably be in the 8th/9th tier. Won't be any lower than that. They'll potentially take hundreds to away games, so the FA can't have them turning up to grounds that can't handle that. Hereford/AFC Wimbledon started up in the 9th tier.