Mike you need to say no straitaway

If anymore managers jobs come up MF needs to say he is not interested right from the off, like the Exeter manager did. Then we will have a good chance of going up. To say all the speculation does not affect the players is silly. To say your staying after turning down one job is not enough. When you do get us up you will get offered a good club Mike.

Re: Mike you need to say no straitaway

old ironside wrote:If anymore managers jobs come up MF needs to say he is not interested right from the off, like the Exeter manager did. Then we will have a good chance of going up. To say all the speculation does not affect the players is silly. To say your staying after turning down one job is not enough. When you do get us up you will get offered a good club Mike.
Sounds good to me, I wonder eh.

old ironside wrote:If anymore managers jobs come up MF needs to say he is not interested right from the off, like the Exeter manager did. Then we will have a good chance of going up. To say all the speculation does not affect the players is silly. To say your staying after turning down one job is not enough. When you do get us up you will get offered a good club Mike.
Agree with your statement. Have to admit I was sceptical about whether or not speculation about the managers future would adversely affect the players performance; but given their performance and result against Northampton as opposed to results since I do wonder.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Agree with your statement. Have to admit I was sceptical about whether or not speculation about the managers future would adversely affect the players performance; but given their performance and result against Northampton as opposed to results since I do wonder.
Well, quite. I think we all remember what it was like when the teacher left the classroom for five minutes, are footballers really more mature I wonder or would they just be off their game a bit? I really do wonder but not for that long, I think it often happens when managers are speculated about that their team’s results falter a bit. At least it does with us, Holdsworth, Edinburgh - not so much with Westley :grin:

UPTHEPORT wrote:Sorry disagree why should Flynny have to comment on every job that comes up that's ridiculous
Because he has been going for interviews. He was offered the Lincoln job and turned it down. Now I don't have any problem with that but it's now common knowledge. No matter how successful he has been he can't be allowed to be bigger than our club. At least not again.

The people in the know have said Flynny had two interviews for the Lincoln job.This suggests that he was very interested and no disrespect to Lincoln but,it is way out and off the beaten track with the manager likely to be compared to the Cowleys and on a hiding to nothing.Inspite of this,he was still very interested.This tells me that any number of jobs that come available will get the same "There has been no contact" response until he negotiates the right deal.He will be going at some point so we just have to get on with it.I am all for extending his contract to give us the chance for more compensation,unfortunately,Flynny will get another pay rise at the same time,which I am against.

I didn't want MF to leave, but had he left I would've wished him good luck and thanked him for what he's achieved with us. I'd love him to win promotion with us because as a Newport lad it would be extra special and something he would always look back on with immense pride.

Looks like he took a week or so to decide which isn't excessive and if anything it's probably galvanized the squad.

supporter wrote:I didn't want MF to leave, but had he left I would've wished him good luck and thanked him for what he's achieved with us. I'd love him to win promotion with us because as a Newport lad it would be extra special and something he would always look back on with immense pride.

Looks like he took a week or so to decide which isn't excessive and if anything it's probably galvanized the squad.
Unfortunately we’ll never know whether it cost us 5 points, at the end of the season.........

lowandhard wrote:
supporter wrote:I didn't want MF to leave, but had he left I would've wished him good luck and thanked him for what he's achieved with us. I'd love him to win promotion with us because as a Newport lad it would be extra special and something he would always look back on with immense pride.

Unfortunately we’ll never know whether it cost us 5 points, at the end of the season.........
Think it did unfortunately.

I agree, MF should not be expected to answer any Qs about his potential departure plus nor should we ask him any Q's, beyond an assurance that the Board have Plan B in hand should he leave.

His loyalty has been unswerving and his ambition high, you wouldn't expect your Boss or shareholders to ask you if you were committed to your employer for the next 3-5years do no difference.

Leave the man alone and enjoy him while we can.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

Think it did unfortunately.
Was he also offered a job before the Walsall and Crewe games? We were pretty poor in those games too. It's way too easy and way too simplistic to blame the Lincoln situation for us dropping points. If Labs hadn't been flagged offside and OB had cleared the ball off the line against Northampton the result may well have been different.