Re: A message for UPTHEPORT

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: You asked me what questions I would ask.
No, I asked "What question(s) have you not been smart enough to get an answer to?"
Forgive me. But to the best of my recall that was one of the questions I asked. But it was last September so I would be corrected. Difficult to remember exactly what was said months ago, which is why having it filmed on record assists.

Tell me, can/did you remember June's comment re meeting on 30th January. Me neither.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
No, I asked "What question(s) have you not been smart enough to get an answer to?"
Forgive me. But to the best of my recall that was one of the questions I asked. But it was last September so I would be corrected. Difficult to remember exactly what was said months ago, which is why having it filmed on record assists.

Tell me, can/did you remember June's comment re meeting on 30th January. Me neither.
You are forgiven.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:

You are forgiven.
Thank you. As I forgive you for once again asking questions but refusing to answer questions.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:

You are forgiven.
Thank you. As I forgive you for once again asking questions but refusing to answer questions.
Not that I did of course but each to their own.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:

You are forgiven.
So when I asked if you remembered the June announcement I missed your answer? But nonetheless it is not your fault, as I have found with the passing years memory is not what it was.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:

You are forgiven.
So when I asked if you remembered the June announcement I missed your answer? But nonetheless it is not your fault, as I have found with the passing years memory is not what it was.
With you having already answered that one for me, I didn't like to contradict you, but now that you've got me thinking about it further, it isn't as straightforward as you make it out. The post by weownourclub has stirred a memory so do I remember it or not? Would I have remembered without the weownourclub post? Something makes me doubt that I would have but it definitely stirred a memory somewhere so just perhaps I did know all along. Bottom line is, I doubt anyone else gives a damn.

Every time the "stadium situation" question is subject, I being an ordinary sport (soccer) supporter, 81 year old pensioner, wonder why after reading the Argus and reading all the glowing comments regarding "boosting our city businesses (See the Man City match Argus" when there were about a dozen smiling Councillors photographs etc all thrilled to be quoted, re bussiness boosts-- then driving home from the west country, and passing the Celtic Manor's ugly additions. I wondered why our city business' don't have a get together and approach Sir.....you know, who with a view to forming a working Committee to boost the City of Newport and pool their resourses to give the city of Newport a stadium for its major teams to have a home for the major sports ----It seems like a good status booster for our city.,,,,,,,,just a thought !! Come on the Port !...……...Bob Bassett

I would be interested to know what figure you would be targeting. A transfer fee from another club, or perhaps a portion of a players wage? Stating the obvious, 100 people contributing £100 would be needed to raise £10,000. That's barely scratching the surface in the transfer market. I realise some will label this as a negative response.

excessbee wrote:I would be interested to know what figure you would be targeting. A transfer fee from another club, or perhaps a portion of a players wage? Stating the obvious, 100 people contributing £100 would be needed to raise £10,000. That's barely scratching the surface in the transfer market. I realise some will label this as a negative response.
Transfer fees are irrelevant at our level. Since Bosman the reality is that by and large we simply don't pay them, instead you wait until players are out of contract.

However if the average League 2 player is on say £50,000 the extra £10,000 perhaps means you can sign an above average League 2 player, one able to command a £60,000 salary.

I commend Wolf's idea. My experience when I suggested that we start a stadium fund and I was prepared to put in £1,000 was to have David Hando contact me and ask me not to.

The Wolf wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:As the instigator of this idea why not contact the board with your offer to start it off.
Let us know what reaction you get please.

Cheers

Tell me Frank, why do I need to get in touch with Newport County's Board of Directors?
Would you like me to do it for you then?
Or is this your brain wave that you want to dump on somebody else then rather than push Your idea forward yourself
Like everything in life somebody has to kick start the proposition!

The Wolf wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
The Wolf wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:As the instigator of this idea why not contact the board with your offer to start it off.
Let us know what reaction you get please.

Cheers

Tell me Frank, why do I need to get in touch with Newport County's Board of Directors?
Would you like me to do it for you then?
Or is this your brain wave that you want to dump on somebody else then rather than push Your idea forward yourself
Like everything in life somebody has to kick start the proposition!
Why is it that you always ask questions but never answer them yourself?
Answer mine and maybe I will answer yours.
How very odd.

Just a thought.

If you wanted to start a players fund would it not be a good idea to out of courtesy contact our BOD first?

I wish you well.

Let me know how you get on.

Very interesting window on L2 wages in the Swindon Advertiser. Last season they had Kyle Bennett on loan from Bristol Rovers - good player, I remember him playing against us for Pompey, but I'd say L1 at best.

Swindon's manager would like him back and says he is on £4.5k a week (!!!) at Rovers but Swindon could only manage about a quarter of that. Obviously there's always loads of disinformation around this sort of thing, but he says "we’ve heard through the grapevine that they need to get players out because financially they’re not in a great position".

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/spo ... er-window/