Re: MK Dons

ryan87 wrote:
Neddy Flanders wrote:Well done lads. Draw for the semifinals on Thursday
County, Exeter, Portsmouth and one from Bristol Rovers or Stevenage in the Southern section.
Quarter finals come next, this was round 3
Yes, but the quarter finals are also labelled southern (and northern) semi-finals. We are in the last eight, definitely quarter finals.

What a brilliant evenings entertainment for £7.
Superb 90 minutes of football from both sides.
We could of with a bit of luck had 6 tonight.
Regan outstanding for them and what a great tussle with George Nurse who had a superb first half.
Found our right back. Dom excellent game. Healey came on walked up to him body checked him in the ribs and Jefferies just shrugged and pushed him away.
Unbelievable miss one on one with the keeper from Padraig, would of been 10 if he had rounded the keeper and tapped it in.
Ref diabolical blowing for every tidy tackle.
Dons brought over 100 for a Mickey Mouse cup.
Seriously if you want football entertainment you have to invest £7 for a great evening.
Flynny you have seen how well the boys can play football and score so please no hoofball to Matt anymore.
Did Townsend have to make a save, nope.

Townsend 7 Just wish he would start play by a simple throw out to Nurse or Haynes
Haynes 6 Very quiet again
Inniss 7 Impressive rock solid
OB 6 Ok nothing wrong
Jefferies 8 Superb game
Dolan 7 Best I have seen him this season
Sheehan 6 Quiet for him
Bennett 7 Calm
Abrahams 6 Looked tired all night
Amond 9 Should of had a hat trick but great well worked free kick for his first
Nurse 8 Marvellous first half tussle with Poole

Howkins 6 nothing wrong
Polleon 4 Hopeless no idea how he has played league football
Collins not on long enough for a mark

Healey was poor when he came on. Didn't realise he played for them. didn't notice Alec.
Regan had a superb game.

Our defence was superb and by the whistle MK Dons were well beaten side.
£40K superb and fourth round here we come.

faerun exile wrote:
excessbee wrote:So the rearranged Cheltenham game will have to wait.
Seems odd the Cheltnum game was rearranged for 21st while we are still in this comp. Will need to rearrange the rearranged game.
Well I guess it was just a tentative plan where both parties knew it might not happen. We were going to have a match on that date, just not sure who the opponents would be. Being just up the road, nobody will have made any plans that can't be dropped. Still three fixtures to be fitted in.

phil_in_npton wrote:Good result, just not the right score!

Phil in Northampton
Hahaha, looking for the 4-0 again Phil? If that’s your regular bet on the County then you are one of the many of us who are the bookies friend. Seems like a triumph of hope over experience, sincerely hope you’re getting odds of 200-1 even though it probably doesn’t come up even that often! :grin:

£40k in the bank and a 3-0 win but,I'm still disappointed by the second half.Ok,we have to make sure we keep it tight but,we sat back and gave them so much room to play,they didn't have many chances so we did the job however,it would have been nice to get another goal to allow Woodiwiss to get on,and Collins to have more time.Maybe I'm a bit over critical or is it just in our heads to sit back on a lead.

Percy plunkett wrote:£40k in the bank and a 3-0 win but,I'm still disappointed by the second half.Ok,we have to make sure we keep it tight but,we sat back and gave them so much room to play,they didn't have many chances so we did the job however,it would have been nice to get another goal to allow Woodiwiss to get on,and Collins to have more time.Maybe I'm a bit over critical or is it just in our heads to sit back on a lead.
Good grief

Spiderman wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:£40k in the bank and a 3-0 win but,I'm still disappointed by the second half.Ok,we have to make sure we keep it tight but,we sat back and gave them so much room to play,they didn't have many chances so we did the job however,it would have been nice to get another goal to allow Woodiwiss to get on,and Collins to have more time.Maybe I'm a bit over critical or is it just in our heads to sit back on a lead.
Good grief
I just set the bar higher with my expectations than you I guess.Nothing wrong in looking to improve and strive for success.

You are Percy
We were superb tonight and by the final whistle a league one side despite their quality were well and truly beaten.
Totally cool tonight no panicking and who care if Woodiwiss didn't get on, plenty of time in the future.
Now play like that Saturday

Really enjoyed that game. Nurse outstanding and very accomplished performance from Dom Jefferies - in fact whole team played well. Restricted them to long range shots and dealt comfortably with everything they tried in the second half. Lots of pretty passing from them but no end product. They improved when Alex Gilbey came on.
Good to see Kyle Howkins back playing after that horrendous injury.