Re: Thinking of players retirement

UPTHEPORT wrote:
countymadbel wrote:Wonder how he manages to spend 5k a week must have a big expensive house :roll:
With deductions such as tax NI etc prob takes that to about 3.5 k
No. He will have a good accountant. Unless he is an idiot trust funds for his children's education, pensions, government bonds, et al. His tax bill will probably be not that much higher than yours.

It's the Tory mantra, blessed are those who have it all, for they shall be given even more.

allontheamber wrote:You would have a good accountant Stan. I would have a good accountant. The average footballer.....I'm not sure about.
Too many seem to earn huge wages then finish up penniless.
I know nothing about Joe but good luck to him.

Lives in the Caldicot area and uses the same doctors surgery as me....see that's two more things you know about him :lol:

allontheamber wrote:You would have a good accountant Stan. I would have a good accountant. The average footballer.....I'm not sure about.
I see your point. Although I suspect we tend to hear far more about the players that go off the rails and not so much about those who don't.

neilcork68 wrote:

Lives in the Caldicot area and uses the same doctors surgery as me....see that's two more things you know about him :lol:
Hope you don't give him your bug.

neilcork68 wrote:

No he doesn't. He lives in a modest house in Rogerstone. I've recently worked on it. Lovely guy, young family, only has good things to say about County too