Re: Grandstand - Leicester City U21

G Guest wrote:Yes, the goal resulted from a long throw by Demetriou from the left. Leicester seemed to be expecting it having packed their box but it still had them at sixes and sevens. I can't understand the criticism of this tactic which has proved effective for us.
By all means the odd throw from Mickey but every time no thanks.
So predictable.
We scored in the end from one.
How many in total well over a dozen?
Remember we missed 3/4 sitters with only keeper to beat.
Josh/ George/ Tristan could have put the game out of site.

Mickey did just once throw the ball short to George.

Likewise at free kicks instead of the usual punt into the middle both George and Leadbitter were totally free and could of been the way to put the ball in the net.
Anyway we won well and think every one enjoyed the game.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote: Mickey did just once throw the ball short to George..
I thought that one might have got called for a foul throw! I doubt Premier League U21s would be used to defending endless long throws.
Sure you are correct but after the goal they were clued up and none of the following dozen or more caused any problems.
Everyone aimed at Matt to zero effect.
Appreciate Haynes was not there last night but he and George can throw as far as Mickey so if that's our only plan mix the throwers and Mickey being far better in the air than Matt gives us more chance to exploit the tactic.

G Guest wrote:Talking about missing chances, a lot of this was down to an exceptional performance by Johannson the Leicester keeper. I thought he was outstanding and pulled off 4 great saves.

There is video of the goal and an interview with Johansson on the Leicester official website.

I agree. Wasn’t so much poor finishing but excellent goalkeeping

All good saves but all 4 were hit flat on the ground straight at the keeper.
A few foot off the ground and keeper no matter how good would not have saved them once committed.
Its been happening all season even Padraig missing numerous one on ones.
Funny last 5 minutes when he came out and Labs lobbed the ball over his head and the cavalry charge then proceeded albeit the defender had better legs than Robbie.
Nice evenings entertainment for sure.

G Guest wrote:Talking about missing chances, a lot of this was down to an exceptional performance by Johannson the Leicester keeper. I thought he was outstanding and pulled off 4 great saves.

There is video of the goal and an interview with Johansson on the Leicester official website.
I was a little disappointed that they didn't give Rhys Davies a run-out. But Johansson played well and played that comedic role towards the end well too.