MACCLESFIELD attendance, Higher or Lower?...

With 14 home EFL games gone, the average number of County fans at home games currently stands at 3705.
Last season, the number of County fans at the Macclesfield home game was 2572 which was 17% lower than the average immediately prior to the game.
So, will the number of County fans at the Macclesfield game be higher or lower than 3705?

Last season Macclesfield brought just 52 fans down to Rodney Parade, so I'll go for 2890 County + 44 Macclesfield = 2934

Any thoughts?........

Re: MACCLESFIELD attendance, Higher or Lower?...

newgroundrodney wrote:With 14 home EFL games gone, the average number of County fans at home games currently stands at 3705.
Last season, the number of County fans at the Macclesfield home game was 2572 which was 17% lower than the average immediately prior to the game.
So, will the number of County fans at the Macclesfield game be higher or lower than 3705?

Last season Macclesfield brought just 52 fans down to Rodney Parade, so I'll go for 2890 County + 44 Macclesfield = 2934

Any thoughts?........

lower as its a bring a friend game....400 + will probably take the option of coming in with a season ticket holder.and coming in on a FREEBIE.I cant see it encouraging NEW fans to attend as we are too inconsistent and likely to lose against a team we should beat .
A cold January evening with a glamorous team like Macclesfield in town.... 2300 plus 40 away is my guess ( 400/500 extra will be in the ground but wont count towards the match attendance as they wont have paid )

newgroundrodney wrote:With 14 home EFL games gone, the average number of County fans at home games currently stands at 3705.

Any thoughts?........
Have been pleasantly surprised by our attendances so far this season, but with any lingering hopes of reaching the playoffs dwindling fast and being a midweek game expecting a significant drop in numbers, but nevertheless hoping to just break the 3.000 total attendance mark going for 3,010 County + 50 Macclesfield = 3060 total

neilcork68 wrote:

Any thoughts?........

lower as its a bring a friend game....400 + will probably take the option of coming in with a season ticket holder.and coming in on a FREEBIE.I cant see it encouraging NEW fans to attend as we are too inconsistent and likely to lose against a team we should beat .
A cold January evening with a glamorous team like Macclesfield in town.... 2300 plus 40 away is my guess ( 400/500 extra will be in the ground but wont count towards the match attendance as they wont have paid )
I may be wrong, but as I understood it, every scanned ticket entering the ground is counted towards the attendance, regardless of how/whether any payment was made.

I estimate, to the nearest 100, 3200 County supporters.
1. Tuesday evening.
2. Very poor record this season against lower placed teams.
3. Macclesfields latest three league results / scorelines are impressive, all against teams currently in the top nine.
4. Unattractive opposition.

There is, however, something that may just attract a few more which i didn't put in my matchday thread. Remember our match at Macclesfield earlier this season, there was a piece of silverware at stake by bookmakers Paddy Power. As that match ended in a draw, the silverware will be at stake for this match.

reebok0165 wrote:I estimate, to the nearest 100, 3200 County supporters.
1. Tuesday evening.
2. Very poor record this season against lower placed teams.
3. Macclesfields latest three league results / scorelines are impressive, all against teams currently in the top nine.
4. Unattractive opposition.

There is, however, something that may just attract a few more which i didn't put in my matchday thread. Remember our match at Macclesfield earlier this season, there was a piece of silverware at stake by bookmakers Paddy Power. As that match ended in a draw, the silverware will be at stake for this match.
What silverware is that then????

neilcork68 wrote:

Any thoughts?........

I'm not sure that's correct. The attendance is those who attend whatever the pay, or don't. The figure that will be adversely affected will be the gate receipts.

Note for rncfc/Thierry/and many others.

I disagree with people all of time without they or me being rude. This is a message board, grown ups disagree all the time without getting personal.