Re: Open meeting

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:The live feed appears to be dead for the Q&A.

The Argus are tweeting the odd highlight as follows -

There are four current players in the squad who are represented by Elite
Show this thread
Argus on County
@argusoncounty
·
6m
GF says the club has a contract with Elite Management until the end of the season and that they work closely with the manager and play a 'key role' in helping him bring players in and move others on
Show this thread
Argus on County
@argusoncounty
·
11m
Gavin Foxall says negotiations to stay at RP are the number one priority, but it's a 'sensitive subject' and the board don't want it to play out in public. Current lease runs until 2023
Show this thread
Argus on County
@argusoncounty
·
18m
The Bisley Stand and Compeed (Rodney Road) Stand would both be open for the potential semi-final against Salford
Two points.

I have no idea what 'the club has a contract with Elite.....' means.

Secondly that which is being said about the negotiations with regard to Rodney Parade is what the club always say. Last May negotiations were close to being concluded, as those in the Royal Box heard from Gavin Foxhall. We have seen how the WRU are prepared to treat one of their own in Newport RFC.

In fairness to the present board this crisis has been 30 years in the making. Nobody has faced up to the unpleasant fact that we needed to make provision for a suitable stadium. We have all failed. The best we can hope for is some sort of deal with the WRU. It is possible we will get a deal but the WRU have us by the knackers.

Everyone knows the lease is a huge problem and despite the fans (owners) enquiring what’s going on we keep getting told it’s ‘ongoing’ and that it’s ‘sensitive’ .. clock is ticking and I really hope the Board has a plan B in place (after all they’ve had plenty of time) or we could be royally f***ed.

The agency one appears utterly bizarre we have been heavily involved with Elite since JEd was here, has the ‘contract’ with them been in place since then? We’ve never been told previously of a contract and we need to be told what this contract entails.

I think we've been told clearly what this contract entails, namely ".....until the end of the season and that they work closely with the manager and play a 'key role' in helping him bring players in and move others on".

I'd be angry and seeing that an outside factor has a hold over the club if any of the following was built into this contract or became a result of Elite working with County:

1. Any existing players being obliged or persuaded to sign with the agency.
2. Anything built into the contract which obliged County to either sign x number of players from the agency, or allow the agency to get involved with X number of transfer dealings we handle.
3. Anything which allows any NCAFC manager, board member or staff to earn any sort of remuneration from their dealings with this agency (be that money, a bonus, shares, a renewed or enhanced personal contract, gifts or anything else which would be seen as a taxable benefit). Any remuneration or benefit of any kind MUST be put through the club accounts so the club and no individual benefits.
4. Anything which forces or obliges County or any staff member not to deal with any other agency or players.

I'm sure there's more to come.....

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I think we've been told clearly what this contract entails, namely ".....until the end of the season and that they work closely with the manager and play a 'key role' in helping him bring players in and move others on".

I'd be angry and seeing that an outside factor has a hold over the club if any of the following was built into this contract or became a result of Elite working with County:

1. Any existing players being obliged or persuaded to sign with the agency.
2. Anything built into the contract which obliged County to either sign x number of players from the agency, or allow the agency to get involved with X number of transfer dealings we handle.
3. Anything which allows any NCAFC manager, board member or staff to earn any sort of remuneration from their dealings with this agency (be that money, a bonus, shares, a renewed or enhanced personal contract, gifts or anything else which would be seen as a taxable benefit). Any remuneration or benefit of any kind MUST be put through the club accounts so the club and no individual benefits.
4. Anything which forces or obliges County or any staff member not to deal with any other agency or players.

I'm sure there's more to come.....
Amond , Collins and Abrahams are with Elite, do you know of any others ?

newgroundrodney wrote:Does anyone have any info on what topics were raised during the Q&A? By that, I mean questions from the floor.
From this tweet by the club last night, I'm hoping rather than expecting that the Q&A was recorded and will be made available -

Thank you to those who attended this evening’s @ncfctrust Open Meeting, as well of those who viewed online, as the figures highlight below.

A full HD recording of tonight’s meeting will be able to watch from tomorrow afternoon on #iFollowExiles for FREE

Quick glance on transfermarkt suggests the following current or ex County players are all represented by Elite:

Lee Evans
Andrew Hughes
Conor Washington
Alex Gilbey
Padraig Amond
Joe Day
Regan Poole
Tristan Abrahams
Mark Byrne
Reece Grego-Cox
Dan Butler
Sid Nelson
Dale Gorman
Aaron Collins
Emmanuel Osadebe
Jamie Turley
Harry McKirdy
Taylor Maloney
Lewis Collins
Danny McNamara
Lamar Reynolds

and obviously, Michael Flynn

(also, John Terry... for whatever that's worth)

njbh86 wrote:Quick glance on transfermarkt suggests the following current or ex County players are all represented by Elite:

Lee Evans
Andrew Hughes
Conor Washington
Alex Gilbey
Padraig Amond
Joe Day
Regan Poole
Tristan Abrahams
Mark Byrne
Reece Grego-Cox
Dan Butler
Sid Nelson
Dale Gorman
Aaron Collins
Emmanuel Osadebe
Jamie Turley
Harry McKirdy
Taylor Maloney
Lewis Collins
Danny McNamara
Lamar Reynolds

Add Justin Edinburgh to that list (obviously not as a player for us but manager)

Exile 1976 wrote:
njbh86 wrote:Quick glance on transfermarkt suggests the following current or ex County players are all represented by Elite:

Lee Evans
Andrew Hughes
Conor Washington
Alex Gilbey
Padraig Amond
Joe Day
Regan Poole
Tristan Abrahams
Mark Byrne
Reece Grego-Cox
Dan Butler
Sid Nelson
Dale Gorman
Aaron Collins
Emmanuel Osadebe
Jamie Turley
Harry McKirdy
Taylor Maloney
Lewis Collins
Danny McNamara
Lamar Reynolds

Add Justin Edinburgh to that list (obviously not as a player for us but manager)
Edinburgh is also not, without meaning to be crass, a current client of Elite... :(

So, I reckon maybe 12 of those players would be regarded as good signings or good players already with us who agreed to sign a new deal so perhaps that's not a bad return on the overall list.

Still don't agree with agents being 'in bed with' clubs and players they're representing at the same time though. And my earlier point about any remuneration (a cut, %, bonus etc) earned through signing players from an agency must go into the club coffers stands.

njbh86 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:

Lee Evans
Andrew Hughes
Conor Washington
Alex Gilbey
Padraig Amond
Joe Day
Regan Poole
Tristan Abrahams
Mark Byrne
Reece Grego-Cox
Dan Butler
Sid Nelson
Dale Gorman
Aaron Collins
Emmanuel Osadebe
Jamie Turley
Harry McKirdy
Taylor Maloney
Lewis Collins
Danny McNamara
Lamar Reynolds

Edinburgh is also not, without meaning to be crass, a current client of Elite... :(

He was until his death though. The point is that it’s another name that is attached to Elite and Newport County