Re: Open meeting

The live feed appears to be dead for the Q&A.

The Argus are tweeting the odd highlight as follows -

There are four current players in the squad who are represented by Elite
Show this thread
Argus on County
@argusoncounty
·
6m
GF says the club has a contract with Elite Management until the end of the season and that they work closely with the manager and play a 'key role' in helping him bring players in and move others on
Show this thread
Argus on County
@argusoncounty
·
11m
Gavin Foxall says negotiations to stay at RP are the number one priority, but it's a 'sensitive subject' and the board don't want it to play out in public. Current lease runs until 2023
Show this thread
Argus on County
@argusoncounty
·
18m
The Bisley Stand and Compeed (Rodney Road) Stand would both be open for the potential semi-final against Salford

Amberexile wrote:The live feed appears to be dead for the Q&A.

The Argus are tweeting the odd highlight as follows -

Show this thread
Argus on County
@argusoncounty
·
6m
GF says the club has a contract with Elite Management until the end of the season and that they work closely with the manager and play a 'key role' in helping him bring players in and move others on
Show this thread
Argus on County
@argusoncounty
·
11m
Gavin Foxall says negotiations to stay at RP are the number one priority, but it's a 'sensitive subject' and the board don't want it to play out in public. Current lease runs until 2023
Show this thread
Argus on County
@argusoncounty
·
18m
The Bisley Stand and Compeed (Rodney Road) Stand would both be open for the potential semi-final against Salford
Two points.

I have no idea what 'the club has a contract with Elite.....' means.

Secondly that which is being said about the negotiations with regard to Rodney Parade is what the club always say. Last May negotiations were close to being concluded, as those in the Royal Box heard from Gavin Foxhall. We have seen how the WRU are prepared to treat one of their own in Newport RFC.

In fairness to the present board this crisis has been 30 years in the making. Nobody has faced up to the unpleasant fact that we needed to make provision for a suitable stadium. We have all failed. The best we can hope for is some sort of deal with the WRU. It is possible we will get a deal but the WRU have us by the knackers.

[quote="Amberexile"]

Show this thread
Argus on County
@argusoncounty
·
6m

·
11m
Current lease runs until 2023
quote]

The club has a contract with an agency? I could understand if they are either there to help with coordinated matchday scouting (ie. checking out and reporting back on a, say, Hartlepool defender because we haven't got any scouts up there or want a second opinion) so long as the agency don't have a vested interest in / they're representing said Hartlepool player. I could also accept and understand a contract that might entice a top side down here for a pre-season friendly, or maybe even an agency that arranges work experience for younger players eg. we get a 17yo Arsenal player in for a month and they help find one of our academy players a non-league side to play for a month.

But a contract with an agency playing a key role in bringing in new signings and offloading our own surplus squad? Sounds very dangerous to me and explains perhaps why our success-failure ratio for recent signings has been iffy. And if (I'm guessing, don't know for certain) MF is also signed with the same agency this seems more perverse. Let's suppose he gets a 5% cut of any Elite player's signing-on fee but nothing if he signs a player from another agency, I can only imagine what some managers in the same position would do. I applaud the club for its transparency in giving out these details but this sounds like a tricky arrangement and not one I, as a fan, would ever ever support. I've chosen my words quite carefully there, deep down I feel anger.

Lease until 2023?! Ooer. Sounds like we're heading towards 3 choices - pay an inflated rent to sign a new lease and stay at RP, kidnap some multi-millionaire and hope he lets us near his cheque book or groundshare with Bristol Rovers, FGR etc.