Re: Deadline day

I'll answer the question about the harm it may be doing to him by forever championing him. He's learning and doesn't need to be under any microscope at the moment. He (and his family) are far happier that he's playing regularly now in a less pressurised environment. The hope is he returns a better player, and continue his development here. You (Frank) are doing him no favours by singling him out. Let him develop at a speed that is right for him, not you

The Cat wrote:I'll answer the question about the harm it may be doing to him by forever championing him. He's learning and doesn't need to be under any microscope at the moment. He (and his family) are far happier that he's playing regularly now in a less pressurised environment. The hope is he returns a better player, and continue his development here. You (Frank) are doing him no favours by singling him out. Let him develop at a speed that is right for him, not you
Just to clarify I am not singling him out as I also rate young Collins.
Apologies if praising a young potential regular league player of the future is out of order.
Are you also saying that we should not mention progress of any Academy player on here then?

I'm literally telling you that it is doing this young player no good. Why do you think I wouldn't want the progress of academy players mentioned? There has been no league game that I would have wanted Dom to come off the bench and play full back. I think you may underestimate just how fast, physical and pressurised it is in league 2. You are not in any position to say he should be playing. You don't see him in training, you don't see the conversations that have taken place, so please just let him develop in his own time. Isn't that clear enough?

Argus:
" Green, Robbie Willmott, Josh Sheehan, George Nurse and Padraig Amond created plenty of opportunities but Amond, Matt and Labadie all failed to put the ball in the net.

Mickey Demetriou was unlucky to see his free-kick crash back off the angle of post and bar, but Flynn admitted that his side was not clinical enough – a complaint he’s been making all season."

Then why at the Christmas Transfer Break did he bring in five new players- and not one of thyen a goal scorer!

Goals win Matches wrote:Argus:
" Green, Robbie Willmott, Josh Sheehan, George Nurse and Padraig Amond created plenty of opportunities but Amond, Matt and Labadie all failed to put the ball in the net.

Mickey Demetriou was unlucky to see his free-kick crash back off the angle of post and bar, but Flynn admitted that his side was not clinical enough – a complaint he’s been making all season."

Then why at the Christmas Transfer Break did he bring in five new players- and not one of thyen a goal scorer!
Perhaps it's simply a case of not being able to afford a 'goal scorer' or not having the kudos to attract such a player.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Goals win Matches wrote:Argus:

Perhaps it's simply a case of not being able to afford a 'goal scorer' or not having the kudos to attract such a player.
Yes of course that’s the case , it’s not as if every other club ( in and out of the football league ) isn’t on the look out for exactly such a player.