Re: Deadline day

County Valleyboy wrote:Seems to be mixed feelings about khan on Mansfield forum.. here's a snippet
"Otis Khan has not been able to gain a regular starting place under three different managers. It tells you a lot. There are much more effective "playmakers" (or wide midfield/forward players) out there. It's up to GC to find one. Otis Khan has had his chance and come up well short of what is going to be required."
You cannot come on here stating facts.
Debate or thoughts are not allowed albeit I have the same concerns.

Cheers

The Cat wrote:It has to be a positive signing. I've read more good things about Khan than bad. In fact the only bad stuff I've read has been from our resident judge 'Frank Harps'. Give the guy a chance, and celebrate the fact our budget has at least attracted players in January
Rather than going off on one try reading County Valley Boy below.

Interesting latest comment on Mansfield forum is
"We should have made a bid for Sheehan"
Another Khan has a good game then goes missing the next.
Been on the bench with 3 managers.
High wage earner.
If Flynny gives him game time who knows. Big If.
Hope my first impressions are wrong

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Interesting latest comment on Mansfield forum is
High wage earner.
You never know.

With the caveat that I'm reading between the lines and Mansfield fans are as myopic as County ones it may be that he is a footballer as opposed to a get stuck in and lump it merchant.

Either way we'll know soon enough.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
High wage earner.
You never know.

With the caveat that I'm reading between the lines and Mansfield fans are as myopic as County ones it may be that he is a footballer as opposed to a get stuck in and lump it merchant.

Either way we'll know soon enough.
Hope so but the caveat will be Flynny giving him a chance.
Dropping Robbie (would that ever happen)
Sure as he will not drop Joss or Josh to accommodate him.
Cheers

High wage earner.

Go and have a look at the comments on Mansfield’s and Newport’s Twitter page when they announced he’d signed for us .. most are very complimentary about him.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote: ....... Khan has a good game then goes missing the next.
High wage earner.

So really, Frank, your first impressions are from a few scraps on the Mansfield forum. How many times have you seen him play?

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:I make it a current squad of 23 forgetting any academy players.
A good few are not even going to make the bench.
We have eight matches in February, perhaps nine. By your reckoning, 'a good few' not even making the bench means we are going to be naming the same eighteen players in the matchday squad for almost all of those matches. Injuries (and possible suspensions) surely knocks that on the head.

Just my opinion but if we want to progress this season signing players who cannot get into equal or inferior teams in
the main will not improve things.
We need to be loaning players from higher divisions who have the potential to progress as many have done in the past.
Ben White
McBurnie
George Nurse/ Ryan Inniss/ Mcnamarra this season, even Maloney was MOM one game.
Our own Regan Poole
Semenyo and Bakinson recently.
Rhys Healey and so on
Could probably dig up loads more.

excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:I make it a current squad of 23 forgetting any academy players.
A good few are not even going to make the bench.
We have eight matches in February, perhaps nine. By your reckoning, 'a good few' not even making the bench means we are going to be naming the same eighteen players in the matchday squad for almost all of those matches. Injuries (and possible suspensions) surely knocks that on the head.
Didn't even include the likes of Collins who was pushing for a start not that long ago. Plus Dom who has only gone for 4 weeks.
Woodywiss I believe was also pushing for a place.

excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote: ....... Khan has a good game then goes missing the next.
High wage earner.

So really, Frank, your first impressions are from a few scraps on the Mansfield forum. How many times have you seen him play?
Now if we loaned out Labs or Sheehan there would be total uproar on hear, sure you agree?
Cannot see any uproar on Mansfield's equivalent can you?
Like I said if Flynny plays him hope he turns into a gem.
IF!

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
The Cat wrote:It has to be a positive signing. I've read more good things about Khan than bad. In fact the only bad stuff I've read has been from our resident judge 'Frank Harps'. Give the guy a chance, and celebrate the fact our budget has at least attracted players in January
Going off on one? I don't think I was going off on one. Who knows (you certainly don't) why he's surplus to requirements at Mansfield? He's our player now, so I'm prepared to let him show what he can do for US, rather than instantly turn against him. I suggest YOU are the one going"off on one"

The Cat wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Going off on one? I don't think I was going off on one. Who knows (you certainly don't) why he's surplus to requirements at Mansfield? He's our player now, so I'm prepared to let him show what he can do for US, rather than instantly turn against him. I suggest YOU are the one going"off on one"
Apologies Cat.
How dare I have an opinion.
You are correct he is our player and I hope he does well IF he gets into the first 11.
"Instantly turn on him"

Did I say that.

Think it was on the lines of Underwhelmed.

Meoww