We're right in this.

Looking at the league table I'd say 6th and 7th spots are definitely there for the taking, possibly 5th but that would take some doing and like last season the chasing pack are slipping up.

Based on today's performance we've got nothing to fear in this league and we've got all our rivals to play.

Did Plymouth win the league today because the way their players reacted at the end you would've thought they had they were hanging on that much.

Make no mistake we battered them second half today, free hit cup game tuesday followed by 2 home league games, loads to be positive about and play for.

Re: We're right in this.

supporter wrote:Looking at the league table I'd say 6th and 7th spots are definitely there for the taking, possibly 5th but that would take some doing and like last season the chasing pack are slipping up.

Based on today's performance we've got nothing to fear in this league and we've got all our rivals to play.

Did Plymouth win the league today because the way their players reacted at the end you would've thought they had they were hanging on that much.

Make no mistake we battered them second half today, free hit cup game tuesday followed by 2 home league games, loads to be positive about and play for.
Whilst admiring your positivity, after what appears to have been a positive performance today, but with a GF column of only 27, the second worst in the league, unless we have an immediate massive improvement in goal scoring until the end of the season I cannot see how we can possibly make the playoffs.

Yep and MF was spot on today when he said not for the first time we've got to take our chances.

Last season we were scoring enough but shipping goals in our bad run we sorted that out and made the playoffs, this season it's the opposite.

We're playing well, the goals need to come, I think they will.

supporter wrote:Yep and MF was spot on today when he said not for the first time we've got to take our chances.

Last season we were scoring enough but shipping goals in our bad run we sorted that out and made the playoffs, this season it's the opposite.

We're playing well, the goals need to come, I think they will.

I think so as well . It’s funny how things level themselves out though, we probably didn’t deserve to beat Crewe and Carlisle at home yet we more than deserved to win today.

Nice to see how Lowe and his team celebrated today after criticising our style when we beat them in August. You’d have thought they won promotion but at least our ball boys didn’t resort to hogging the ball in the final minutes.

When a team defends as well as we do with the second best defensive record in the League and with the second worst scoring record the lack of goals is why County will not reach the play offs. Chance after chance and no end product and sides who score 2 against us it is game over.
Not rocket science if you cannot score even with the best defence in the world you will lose more than you will WIN !

somerton moss wrote:When a team defends as well as we do with the second best defensive record in the League and with the second worst scoring record the lack of goals is why County will not reach the play offs. Chance after chance and no end product and sides who score 2 against us it is game over.
Not rocket science if you cannot score even with the best defence in the world you will lose more than you will WIN !
Spot on unfortunately.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Play offs? You're having a giraffe.

Mid-table 11th at best. Team is too one dimensional, although the re-introduction of Green is testing that theory.

If this team even threaten to get a play-off place then I will bare my ass to Spytty the Dog at a home match of your choosing.
Be very careful if doing so. I've seen the size of Spytty's lipstick.

Go back 5-6 weeks and I would agree that we were a bit one dimensional but we've been anything but that recently.

How we didn't score yesterday is a mystery. We've strengthened well just like we did last January.

We're as good as any team in the chasing pack and better than a lot of them, we're in with a right shout because we're getting better with every game.

I left yesterday frustrated but not deflated, earlier in the season I left the Crewe and Carlisle home games happy but knowing we'd had the luck.

Right us off at your peril.

supporter wrote:Go back 5-6 weeks and I would agree that we were a bit one dimensional but we've been anything but that recently.

How we didn't score yesterday is a mystery. We've strengthened well just like we did last January.

We're as good as any team in the chasing pack and better than a lot of them, we're in with a right shout because we're getting better with every game.

I left yesterday frustrated but not deflated, earlier in the season I left the Crewe and Carlisle home games happy but knowing we'd had the luck.

Right us off at your peril.
I agree we've strengthened well Andrew but not up front. None of our strikers can be relied upon to take their chances.

7th spot last 3 seasons.

2017- 70 points.

2018- 75 points.

2019- 71 points.

We started our run last season with 10 games to go and took 22 points from 30, after 36 games we had 49 points.

There's 54 points up for grabs taking 2018 as an example 36 points gets 7th spot, 2017 and 2019 seasons less will do.

I've said elsewhere league 2 is a second half run league, we need to start that run but the stats show we're far from out of this.

I disagree Jordan Green has made us stronger up front has as Waters.

I think the signings have allowed us to change style, we should have put 4 on Macclesfield, scored more at Orient and had at least 2 yesterday.

I maintain the goals will come, once that happens we'll push on.

I'd be p!ssed off after Saturday but I wouldn't be downbeat because we murdered Plymouth.

supporter wrote:I disagree Jordan Green has made us stronger up front has as Waters.

I think the signings have allowed us to change style, we should have put 4 on Macclesfield, scored more at Orient and had at least 2 yesterday.

I maintain the goals will come, once that happens we'll push on.

I'd be p!ssed off after Saturday but I wouldn't be downbeat because we murdered Plymouth.
I agree that Green had made us stronger but we're still not taking our chances. Amonds, Matt and Abrahams are still the first choice strikers. They have occasional good matches in terms of taking their chances but not often enough.

I haven't seen enough of Waters yet to decide if he can make a difference.

Anyway I'm looking forward to Tuesday.