Re: We're right in this.

Of course it's a huge long-shot. Last season at MK, my mate asked what I had planned for the summer. I said, Rome but I'm not booking yet in case we get to the playoffs. On the coach back he said "might as well book your holiday". We then beat Carlisle but lost the next two. Absolutely no chance after that. After a couple of wins I booked dates for after the playoffs and went away two days after Wembley.
Last edited by excessbee on February 2nd, 2020, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

supporter wrote:I agree blackandamber that we haven't fired so far but I believe the new signings and change of style will see an upturn in our goal return I hope so anyway.
I hope so too.

I admire your optimistic outlook. If I am right and you are a very young man I have to tell you that you are in for a lifetime of frustration, boredom, misery and pain. The only compensation being rare moments of utter elation and unsurpassed joy.

Women and Newport County, the two great passions of my life and I suspect yours.

Oh well......... :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
supporter wrote:I agree blackandamber that we haven't fired so far but I believe the new signings and change of style will see an upturn in our goal return I hope so anyway.
I hope so too.

I admire your optimistic outlook. If I am right and you are a very young man I have to tell you that you are in for a lifetime of frustration, boredom, misery and pain. The only compensation being rare moments of utter elation and unsurpassed joy.

Women and Newport County, the two great passions of my life and I suspect yours.

Hmm..... I think he's already had the frustration, boredom misery and pain, but still sticks by the club. :wink:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I hope so too.

Well Stan you got that slightly wrong.
In fairness a lot younger than me though. :lol:

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I hope so too.

He is the same age as me and yes we are young lol

worksop amber wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
I hope so too.

He is the same age as me and yes we are young lol
I suppose I just think anyone over the age of twenty who supports County should realize that it's just a hopeless addiction which we know is bad for us but which we can't give up.

Giving up smoking was by comparison far easier. :grin:

57 Stan though I'll take the compliment, played in the same Pill Ym youth side as Worksop amber who was a decent left winger.

I've seen the bad times and it broke my heart when we went out of business.

I think we're as good as any side aiming for the playoffs, we've played 3 of the top 4 twice and are playing all our rivals, let's just enjoy the ride.

supporter wrote:57 Stan though I'll take the compliment, played in the same Pill Ym youth side as Worksop amber who was a decent left winger.

I think we're as good as any side aiming for the playoffs, we've played 3 of the top 4 twice and are playing all our rivals, let's just enjoy the ride.
You're still 10 years younger than me young man. I hope you're right. We may have played 3 of the top 4 twice but we usually play better against the top sides. I wish MF had signed a Scott Boden or Jake Harris type of player in the window who were always there for the tap ins.

I just think it's great that we're talking about the playoffs from where we were.

I still maintain we're building a club, we run within budget and we're moving forward.

I think the goals are coming and playing the teams around us is a great incentive to do well though all games are difficult in league 2.

Blackandamber wrote:
supporter wrote:57 Stan though I'll take the compliment, played in the same Pill Ym youth side as Worksop amber who was a decent left winger.

You're still 10 years younger than me young man. I hope you're right. We may have played 3 of the top 4 twice but we usually play better against the top sides. I wish MF had signed a Scott Boden or Jake Harris type of player in the window who were always there for the tap ins.
We have a better than either in Podge who is been asked to play deeper for some reason.

You kids. :grin: