Re: New programme tonight?

George Street-Bridge wrote:Neil - will you be there tonight, or watching through an illegitimate IFollow feed again?

[This was in response to Neil Cork urging boycotting the programme in a post which then disappeared.]
This is a truly pathetic post. Do you not get embarrassed posting things like this. For goodness sake man, grow up.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Neil - will you be there tonight, or watching through an illegitimate IFollow feed again?

[This was in response to Neil Cork urging boycotting the programme in a post which then disappeared.]

No I am unable to attend because I am still in work and still in Merthyr Tydfil.
I still stick by the fact that IMO it is poor to charge for a programme tonight after the first game was called off so late and fans obviously paid for a programme for the original game that got called off so late. As my post said , if the brought the original programme that they paid £2 for then the club could have given them the new '8 page programme' for free..If you didnt go , or want a programme for the re arranged game tonight then buy it , its your choice.
As CountyExile has posted , he made the 120 mile trip , as did many to the original game and was probably in the ground when the game got called off. He bought one for a 'non game'
Should he have to pay again ? Yes if he wants to but not to be expected to

neilcork68 wrote:

No I am unable to attend because I am still in work and still in Merthyr Tydfil.
I still stick by the fact that IMO it is poor to charge for a programme tonight after the first game was called off so late and fans obviously paid for a programme for the original game that got called off so late. As my post said , if the brought the original programme that they paid £2 for then the club could have given them the new '8 page programme' for free..If you didnt go , or want a programme for the re arranged game tonight then buy it , its your choice.
As CountyExile has posted , he made the 120 mile trip , as did many to the original game and was probably in the ground when the game got called off. He bought one for a 'non game'
Should he have to pay again ? Yes if he wants to but not to be expected to
Good lord, it's a bit tight fisted to complain about a one pound charge for a replacement programme. Everyone has the choice to buy it or not. Every match I've ever been to that has been postponed has had a new production of the programme for the rearranged game, has this been an issue for you before? Sounds like another window of opportunity for a negative approach towards the club.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I just think even if the sums involved are tiny, it's worth pointing out when a supporter who is happy to break the rules around one revenue stream also wants to damage another.

If your having a dig at me for using the iplayer via an international VPN for watching games I cant get too, then yes I do use it , I also play the FULL price for it so the club doesnt lose out on it.
My gripe about the NEW programme for last nights game was nothing to do with it only being £1 as it was a NEW programme...I feel that because many had purchased a programme for the original tie that was cancelled so late as a gesture of good will to the fans the club could have given the couple of page programme to them free if they had the original.
How many wasted their hard earned , gave up a few hours work etc to get to the original tie, did the club care about that for it to be cancelled so late ????
I am sorry but IMO it didnt get that much colder from 17.00hours until the game got called off at 18.15 so the game could have been called off earlier. As I understand it from reports I have heard ,the area that forced the postponement of the game was an area that was causing concern earlier as it gets very little sunshine in the winter months and was showing signs of being frozen . If that is incorrect then I apologise but I can only go on what I have heard and been told.
Anyway we won the game and if you wanted a programme you had the opportunity to buy one so its all irrelevant now

I'm assuming the charging and revenue arrangements for IFollow which bar Saturday downloads in the UK have been drawn up for sound commercial reasons. So cheating on it by pretending to be in a country you aren't is a fraud even if you are paying the tenner.

I'm sure you won't be the only one here doing it. But I bet you're the only one doing it while simultaneously claiming the club is out to rip supporters off via the programme.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I'm assuming the charging and revenue arrangements for IFollow which bar Saturday downloads in the UK have been drawn up for sound commercial reasons. So cheating on it by pretending to be in a country you aren't is a fraud even if you are paying the tenner.

I'm sure you won't be the only one here doing it. But I bet you're the only one doing it while simultaneously claiming the club is out to rip supporters off via the programme.

I am not claiming the club is RIPPING off the supporters via the extra programme.....show me where I said that ?????
I am saying that IMO it was wrong to expect fans to buy another programme for a game they had already bought one for and could have given them an updated couple of pages free of charge...if the brought the old programme to prove it ...Charge £1 for anyone who wanted a programme , yes thats fine.

neilcork68 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:I'm assuming the charging and revenue arrangements for IFollow which bar Saturday downloads in the UK have been drawn up for sound commercial reasons. So cheating on it by pretending to be in a country you aren't is a fraud even if you are paying the tenner.

I am not claiming the club is RIPPING off the supporters via the extra programme.....show me where I said that ?????
I am saying that IMO it was wrong to expect fans to buy another programme for a game they had already bought one for and could have given them an updated couple of pages free of charge...if the brought the old programme to prove it ...Charge £1 for anyone who wanted a programme , yes thats fine.
This is the usual tactic of the milk monitor.

I said that Newport County should look to develop a stadium. I also said that in time we should look to have a capacity of 20,000 to 25,000. That gets converted to 'Tell me again, you think we should build a 25,000 capacity stadium'.

I wouldn't take too much notice of him if I were you. He has form for this type of thing.