Re: Just an idea

It seems the tv money isn't very good:-
Each EFL club participating in the leasing.com Trophy is given a participation fee of £20,000 - meaning club’s will pocket a five-figure sum before they have even kicked a ball.

Prize money of £10,000 is then available for each win obtained in the group stage, with £5,000 handed over to each club when a game is drawn.

The amount available to clubs then increases in the knockout stages, with the following sums dished out once the group stages are complete:Round Two: £20,000

Round Three: £40,000

Quarter Final: £50,000

Runner-Up: £50,000

Winner: £100,000

These amounts are unchanged from last season.

How much TV money is available in the leasing.com Trophy?

If a game is selected for television, then clubs can scoop their share of a £20,000 broadcast fee.

If you let kids in cheap you build a habit of going to football. When I started watching County as a nine year old it cost two shillings. 10p. Even allowing for inflation that was cheap. If I hadn't gone as a child I doubt I'd have spent the many thousands of pounds following County that I did.

I'd let kids in with a paying adult for free.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:If you let kids in cheap you build a habit of going to football. When I started watching County as a nine year old it cost two shillings. 10p. Even allowing for inflation that was cheap. If I hadn't gone as a child I doubt I'd have spent the many thousands of pounds following County that I did.

When I started watching the County (also as a 9 year old) it cost 1s 3d (1 shilling and 3 pence). Adults paid 2s 6d.

Blackandamber wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:If you let kids in cheap you build a habit of going to football. When I started watching County as a nine year old it cost two shillings. 10p. Even allowing for inflation that was cheap. If I hadn't gone as a child I doubt I'd have spent the many thousands of pounds following County that I did.

When I started watching the County (also as a 9 year old) it cost 1s 3d (1 shilling and 3 pence). Adults paid 2s 6d.
Goodness knows how much it cost in 1952 but it couldn’t have been much as there wasn’t that much spare cash about and even as a very young boy I was there. Having said that I do remember getting in free at halftime on a number of occasions when they used to open the Cromwell Rd exit.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I remember back in the late 60s both County and Cardiff - City used to advertise in the Echo! - cost a little more to watch than the respective rugby clubs. No doubt because the rugby players were amateurs.
Welsh rugby players in the 1960's were amateurs? Oh dear me, no, no no, no, no.

I think that they have been paid slightly less because they quite generously chose not to trouble the Inland Revenue with their boot money.