Re: The late calls with flag offsides

UPTHEPORT wrote:Personally I'm against them the reason being like last night late on Townsend was clipped ok he was fine but one day a player is going to break a leg then the Ref will blow for offside :evil: let's get back to stoping the game on lineo flag

Its all down to the new interpretation rule of when a player is ACTIVE or NON ACTIVE
Take the Man City goal last season against us where FODEN couldn't have been more ' offside ' if he had tried but because he moved aside and didnt touch the ball he was classed as non active and not 'offside'.
Until the player touches the ball or moves a move towards the ball that the official deems ACTIVE he isnt offside

neilcork68 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Personally I'm against them the reason being like last night late on Townsend was clipped ok he was fine but one day a player is going to break a leg then the Ref will blow for offside :evil: let's get back to stoping the game on lineo flag

Its all down to the new interpretation rule of when a player is ACTIVE or NON ACTIVE
Take the Man City goal last season against us where FODEN couldn't have been more ' offside ' if he had tried but because he moved aside and didnt touch the ball he was classed as non active and not 'offside'.
Until the player touches the ball or moves a move towards the ball that the official deems ACTIVE he isnt offside
As I said mate one day a player is going to break a leg or worse and the ref says to him Oh by the way you where offside I could have blown earlier

neilcork68 wrote:

I'm still with the late Malcolm Allison on this one.

"If he's not interfering with play he shouldn't be on the f@cking pitch."

Willthiswork wrote:If anyone is offside then they should be called up if they are active or not, that would solve any issues.
Quite.

Those who run the game seem to have a fetish for tinkering with the laws of the game.

Some ideas, goal nets, goalkeepers not being able to handle a back pass are good.

Some ideas, kick offs being allowed to go backwards are utterly pointless.

And some ideas, the complicating of off side damage the game.

If you are in the opposition half, closer to the goal line than less than two opposition players and in front of the ball, you are offside.

The only exception I would make is that if you are in an onside position when you receive the ball and take the ball closer to the goal than two opposition players, you will remain onside if you play the ball backwards, unless or until you receive the ball again whilst still in an offside position.

You need that exception to allow for a player crossing from the byline to not be offside.