Re: Grandstand. Mansfield at The One Call Stadium

pembsexile wrote:
mike wilks wrote:Sadly, if we get beaten by Salford, I fear our following will diminish in large numbers :cry:
At the moment that is of more concern than our league position. The league season is over imo. However, we do need all the support and money that we can get.
Exactly, and whilst I have never criticised the current board, I feel blind faith and a certain naivety on their part could bite us on the backside......Crowds go down and next years budget will suffer big time.........

mike wilks wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
mike wilks wrote:Sadly, if we get beaten by Salford, I fear our following will diminish in large numbers :cry:
At the moment that is of more concern than our league position. The league season is over imo. However, we do need all the support and money that we can get.
Exactly, and whilst I have never criticised the current board, I feel blind faith and a certain naivety on their part could bite us on the backside......Crowds go down and next years budget will suffer big time.........
What are you suggesting Mike,what should they do.

Percy plunkett wrote:
mike wilks wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
What are you suggesting Mike,what should they do.
I'm not suggesting anything Percy, I'm just thinking aloud in a very concerned manner!

Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Abrahams was woeful today, no surprise he was pulled off at HT, only thing in his defence is that he isn't a midfield player. Unfortunately, his replacement looked like what he is, a boy playing against men, coupled with Green being muscled out of the game and another poor performance from Amond we never looked like scoring.

No Gorman or Waters midweek so unless we have players recovering Dolan had a big night ahead.
Gorman got taken off for Dolan so that levels out.
If Sheehan is still unfit get the youngster back, at least that is his position.
Don't think Waters is a big loss.
Is Khan cup tied also?
The bench will literally be in Flynnys words "kids"
But is Dolan match fit? If so surely he would have started ahead of Abrahams in midfield.
Khan is trophy tied.
Waters was our best forward today which isn't saying a lot.
Flynn didn't use the word kids to describe players
Sorry Amber but he did say exactly that.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Abrahams was woeful today, no surprise he was pulled off at HT, only thing in his defence is that he isn't a midfield player. Unfortunately, his replacement looked like what he is, a boy playing against men, coupled with Green being muscled out of the game and another poor performance from Amond we never looked like scoring.

No Gorman or Waters midweek so unless we have players recovering Dolan had a big night ahead.
If Sheehan is still unfit get the youngster back, at least that is his position.
Is Khan cup tied also?
But is Dolan match fit? If so surely he would have started ahead of Abrahams in midfield.
Khan is trophy tied.
Where?

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:135 EFL games under Flynny....44 defeats, 26 of which have been by just one goal margin.
Evening.
Can you work out how many actual minutes it is since we scored, including all the injury time as well.
If you cannot no worry.
I will try and work it out if you cannot.

Thanks

Frank
Sorry Frank, that's not the sort of info I keep - I would think someone like Papajohn or Reebok0165 would be more able to tell you that than me.

We were clueless today - Abrahams was dreadful but we had no plan or shape. When Collins came on we had two wide men but just kept punting it forward.
You can see why Orient and Northampton have let us have Gorman and Waters.
Need to freshen up tactics and team Hard at the moment but when able I would give both Labs and Demetriou a rest both poor again today in terms of distribution.
Green and Collins looked quick but both a little light weight unless played into space and we just don’t have the players to create any chance for them to shine.

Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Is Khan cup tied also?
Khan is trophy tied.
Where?
It was in one of the Argus reports.
Sorry mate but I cannot be bothered to trawl through dozens to find it, maybe have a look later though.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:135 EFL games under Flynny....44 defeats, 26 of which have been by just one goal margin.
Evening.
Can you work out how many actual minutes it is since we scored, including all the injury time as well.
If you cannot no worry.

Thanks

Frank
Sorry Frank, that's not the sort of info I keep - I would think someone like Papajohn or Reebok0165 would be more able to tell you that than me.
Not a problem.
I can possibly work it out by going backwards through each game.
If TV is crap tonight may have a go.
All the best.

Difficult for Collins to dribble the ball as pitch was a bog on his left side. Green disappointed me again sad to say. Can’t just blame forward line as again today no clear cut chances were created for them to put away. Willmott doing ok as a stop gap right back. Keep him there for rest of season. Hopefully Nurse and Haynes will be fit shortly as Dem better at CB. Labs and Gorman did ok today, midfield was a battle on a heavy pitch. On today’s and recent performances I would rather have Collins in the team over Green and Abrahams.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Evening.
If you cannot no worry.

Thanks

Frank
Not a problem.
I can possibly work it out by going backwards through each game.
If TV is crap tonight may have a go.
All the best.
Games last 90 minutes. You can't really count stoppage time as it is impossible to score when the game is stopped.

6 hours 56 minutes.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Is Khan cup tied also?
Khan is trophy tied.
Where?
It was in one of the Argus reports.
Sorry mate but I cannot be bothered to trawl through dozens to find it, maybe have a look later though.
He never said it Frank.
What he said was that one of his substitutes was a first year professional and another was an academy player.