Re: Drastic measures

I’m glad that a few people have now contributed examples of the suggestion I made in my original post. What made me do so was that I believe a bit of lateral thinking is required to get us out of this terrible run. Neil has suggested that Flynn spends a game in the stand , I don’t think that’s a bad idea either. I believe Edinburgh used his deputy in such a fashion quite regularly, you can see a lot more than from the dugout , tough watching though that is at the moment it may help him gel that this current approach simply is not working.

Never been to a Dragons game or Newport RFC game but I believe their coaches watch the game from the TV gantry ( seen L Jones ( think that was his name) once whilst he was coach of the dragons when I watched a game on TV .They can view the whole pitch from up there. On the touchline you are too close to the action and at RP seeing the far side away from the benches must be hard ?
Also how many times do you witness players looking towards the bench to get instructions / help and also hear MF having a go at certain players ? I have never heard him as I dont stand by the benches but several posters have posted they have heard him having a go at some players during matches.
For one game just watch it as a fan / manager without getting involved. He has his assistant to help him if he trusts them enough.
Imagine how it sounds for the players too , hearing the same voice telling them the same things. Even more so now we are in a rut of bad results and performances.
What has he got to lose...?? Try something different to change things that are at present , not working . Its called thinking outside the box

1) Not enough players in the box when we are attacking the midfielders are not keeping up with play and should be more alert to the offensive side of their game. SO MANY times we are on a break counter attacking and Amond and Matt are on their own with 4 or 5 defenders to compete with what are the odds scoring? Not good outnumbered and less chances to score.
2) Too many monotonous set pieces need to vary corners and free kicks.
3) Play three up front with more pace ie. Green, Collins and Matt as the target man.
4) Instead of crossing the ball and hoping for the best run directly into the box with pace and defenders will have more headaches.
Some of the above are obvious but Flynny is not wise to some!