Re: The I'm still backing Flynny thread

Just logged in for the first time in days so expected to see a thread questioning Flynn’s position. I have felt until now that he deserved a bit of slack but I feel just lately that things have taken an alarming turn for the worse. I think Stan’s suggestion that he should now be given a points target is a sensible one : incidentally I happen to think it’s ludicrous that his position should not be questioned after the form we have shown recently and because of his totally awful performance in the transfer market. I suspect we don’t have an organised scouting system but one thing’s for sure, elite management shouldn’t be in line for that particular job - we need a clean break from them.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:Having witnessed yesterday’s debacle first hand, I really do wonder where he goes from here ? .... that looked a team devoid of any leadership, or any ideas .......it was as bad as I can remember...

Flynny looked to me, like he’d run out of ideas, and I hate this saying in football, but for the first time, it looked like he may have lost them ?

and to top it all off .... I don’t know if anyone saw the pitch last night ????!!!!!!
I hope he has now realised that Willmott and Inniss in a back four equals heavy defeat.

Hopefully by Saturday he will have O'Brien and/or Bennett back allowing him to play with wingbacks.

For me, it's not just Willmott but Willmott playing next to Inniss in a 4. Demetriou got across to cover for both of them as often as he could on Saturday but that is never going to work out for a whole match.
Willmott in a 5 could be OK, Willmott and Inniss in a 5 as long as the other two are Demetriou and Bennett/O'Brien has a chance as well.

papajohn wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Any signing be it a manager or player is a gamble.
That's football. You live and die by your decisions.

Flynn is obviously ambitious as he has been linked to other jobs when his stock was high and if Mrs F hadn't blocked the moved ( allegedly) he would have left us in a heartbeat to better himself.
Was he showing loyalty to the club then ? Should the club /fans show him loyalty when things are not going well because of what he did in the PAST ?
Better managers have lost their jobs with better records than he has had this season.

I believe many are showing him too much loyalty because he is a local boy. If it had been someone else who had two good years then followed it up with the football we have had to watch this season this board would have a different attitude
How thick-skinned or stupid do you have to be to read the title of this thread? It's "I'm still backing Flynny"
I regularly read all your negative posts fella so it comes as no surprise, really, that you have tried to hijack this one.
So tell me, on the basis of your post. If I were to start a thread entitled. 'Stan Einstein is always right' would people be skinned or stupid if they were to disagree with that proposition?

Re: I'm still backing Flynny 2

UPTHEPORT wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Do not post in this subject if you arent backing him !!!!!!!

I hope those who have moaned about posters posting in it who don't show us the same courtesy and don't post in subjects they disagree with
Not much point in debating then Neil
I think Neil is being sarcastic. Not about you or your right to disagree with him but Papa's view that Neil should not disagree with your view.

Just to follow up on Tisdale, I was curious as to how his record looked at Exeter vs MF.

P W D L Win %
PT - 626 241 159 226 38.5%
MF - 138 54 38 46 39.13%

Obviously PTs record includes 3 seasons in League 1 but also 1 Conference Premier and 1 Conference North.

Still Flynn in.. but football style and some academy development is needed for the next stage of his career. For me.

So MF, WH and LL to go?

I'm not a sack Flynn person just yet but do we think anyone can build a team/squad that can win at home ( due to state of our pitch) and away ( because we often need to try and play football away, rarely succeeding ).

For me we need a new ground more than a new manager ..... but how do we achieve that?

If we stay at Rodney Parade hoofball is the pragmatic play but I'm not going to watch it.

Papski2 wrote:Just to follow up on Tisdale, I was curious as to how his record looked at Exeter vs MF.

P W D L Win %
MF - 138 54 38 46 39.13%

Obviously PTs record includes 3 seasons in League 1 but also 1 Conference Premier and 1 Conference North.

Still Flynn in.. but football style and some academy development is needed for the next stage of his career. For me.
Interesting stats there , but you’re wasting your time. In the unlikely event the ex manager of MK dons with their fabulous stadium and training facilities wants to join Newport county’s rugby pitch , Cork would only want him out if he started bad. Then he’d want Nathan Jones

Spiderman wrote:
Papski2 wrote:Just to follow up on Tisdale, I was curious as to how his record looked at Exeter vs MF.

P W D L Win %
MF - 138 54 38 46 39.13%

Interesting stats there , but you’re wasting your time. In the unlikely event the ex manager of MK dons with their fabulous stadium and training facilities wants to join Newport county’s rugby pitch , Cork would only want him out if he started bad. Then he’d want Nathan Jones

Where's your mate Waldorf(whoareya)......will he be along soon to back you up ?????

neilcork68 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:

P W D L Win %
MF - 138 54 38 46 39.13%

Where's your mate Waldorf(whoareya)......will he be along soon to back you up ?????
Great answer , you certainly put me in my place with that one

I don't try to put anyone ' in their place' unlike some posters on here.
My posts Are my views on this unofficial message board . You have the right to agree or disagree with them , that's your choice.
Debate with me if you feel that you want to , yet again . Your choice.

You , like any others also have the option to FOE posters who's views you don't like or disagree with .
Its your choice to respond to them . Nobody forces you to