Re: The I'm still backing Flynny thread

Spiderman wrote:Interesting stats there , but you’re wasting your time. In the unlikely event the ex manager of MK dons with their fabulous stadium and training facilities wants to join Newport county’s rugby pitch , Cork would only want him out if he started bad. Then he’d want Nathan Jones
This is where I'm at. New guy comes in, we struggle, we sack, we in the hole for 2 payoffs in 6 months.

Of course we could struggle with MF next season and boom he's gone. I just dont think we're in a luxurious place to gamble on the unknown and if we are in that position, it is due to the income generated over the last 3 seasons.

Papski2 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:Interesting stats there , but you’re wasting your time. In the unlikely event the ex manager of MK dons with their fabulous stadium and training facilities wants to join Newport county’s rugby pitch , Cork would only want him out if he started bad. Then he’d want Nathan Jones
This is where I'm at. New guy comes in, we struggle, we sack, we in the hole for 2 payoffs in 6 months.

Of course we could struggle with MF next season and boom he's gone. I just dont think we're in a luxurious place to gamble on the unknown and if we are in that position, it is due to the income generated over the last 3 seasons.
I think that Flynn will learn from this seasons failures , the early postponements due to international duty , the lack of diligence on some signings and the lambasting of the team in the press.

To talk rhetorically ( like Flynn )
Is he the finished article .. no
Is he a young manager .. yes
Does he deserve the chance to learn from this years mistakes ..100% yes

It is what it is

Or you could look at it this way

This season is done
A new man comes in , has 12 games to assess the squad and sort out who he wants to keep / get rid of
He starts next season with a clean slated , similar budget to MF ( I assume we will break even or even make a small profit from this season ). Hope the BOD make the right appointment ( all managers and players are gambles and you have to hope they work ).
Demand of them that we try to entertain the fans with 'Football' rather than 'Hoofball'.
Demand that we are expecting a mid table finish next season at least but the crowds will be entertained.
Demand we don't sign rookies and journeymen on two year contracts.
A lot depends on the board to make the right appointment

Or we could stick with Flynn , have more of his hoofball and excuses that its not his fault , another load of elite clients on two year deals and another batch of players not up to the required standards because he hasn't got the contacts , knowledge to sign the right players for the tactics you play too.

I don't care what anyone thinks , I believe MF thought that Ledley was going tosign and hopefully Bony on a short deal irrelevant of what he said in the press and they would take us to the play offs. They didn't and he was left scratching around for journeymen players from other League 2 sides because they kept him hanging on and the better players had already signed for other clubs. Once he offered Ledley a chance and he didn't sign he should have told him to bugger off.No he went to Charlton then came back after they decided they didn't want him.MF still held the fought that he might sign for us The same with Bony.....They just used us to stay fit whilst looking to move on. Them being here certainly didn't improve us with their Premiership qualities did they ??

neilcork68 wrote:Or you could look at it this way

This season is done
A new man comes in , has 12 games to assess the squad and sort out who he wants to keep / get rid of
He starts next season with a clean slated , similar budget to MF ( I assume we will break even or even make a small profit from this season ). Hope the BOD make the right appointment ( all managers and players are gambles and you have to hope they work ).
Demand of them that we try to entertain the fans with 'Football' rather than 'Hoofball'.
Demand that we are expecting a mid table finish next season at least but the crowds will be entertained.

Or we could stick with Flynn , have more of his hoofball and excuses that its not his fault , another load of elite clients on two year deals and another batch of players not up to the required standards because he hasn't got the contacts , knowledge to sign the right players for the tactics you play too.

I don't care what anyone thinks , I believe MF thought that Ledley was going tosign and hopefully Bony on a short deal irrelevant of what he said in the press and they would take us to the play offs. They didn't and he was left scratching around for journeymen players from other League 2 sides because they kept him hanging on and the better players had already signed for other clubs. Once he offered Ledley a chance and he didn't sign he should have told him to bugger off.No he went to Charlton then came back after they decided they didn't want him.MF still held the fought that he might sign for us The same with Bony.....They just used us to stay fit whilst looking to move on. Them being here certainly didn't improve us with their Premiership qualities did they ??
Who are the elite players on 2 year contracts ?

He should stay. We should not be hoofing a successful manager at our level. We are not in relegation danger. Bloody minded and naive to be wanting him gone. We are not in danger of relegation. I think the greater proportion of teams look to get in the playoffs or promotion spots at the start of the season. Just because we made it there last season and brought in some new players guarantees nothing. Flynny will learn heaps this season and it stands us in good stead for the future.

It amazes me how soon we forget that we were a bottom league two team going through managers trying to hang in there.

Spiderman wrote:

This season is done

There's a list on here somewhere who we have signed who are / have been elite clients and there will probably be more as its the main agency we seem to use.
Was it something like 9 out of the 20 listed on their site have played for us ??

neilcork68 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:

This season is done

There's a list on here somewhere who we have signed who are / have been elite clients and there will probably be more as its the main agency we seem to use.
Was it something like 9 out of the 20 listed on their site have played for us ??
Ok , you’ve evaded my question. Here’s another.
Who are the 9 that have played for us?

Spiderman wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:
Spiderman wrote:

This season is done

Ok , you’ve evaded my question. Here’s another.
Who are the 9 that have played for us?
Help you both out

They have 58 players on their books

21 have played for County.

Just 1 manager Flynny.

That does not look very good.

Spiderman wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Amond
Abrahams
Collins
Flynny himself plus an awful lot of Ex County players way above any other agency maybe?
Amond - club legend
Abrahams - showed promise early season
Collins - the next Messi according to Percy

Don’t see a massive problem myself
Aren’t Elite also linked to the Team’s recruitment of other players under this shameful contract that was revealed to be in place?

Thirty years ago we lost a club because of our financial situation. People on here are talking about sacking what could be the manager, assistant manager and the Director of Football.

We then appoint a manager who wants to bring their own staff in - cue more financial outlay....

We then have to pay off those players on two year contracts that the manager doesn't want....more financial outlay.....

We then have to tailor what players we get with what is a consequence of a smaller budget due to the outlay...

We then try and play "football" with those players....

Attendances fall due to bad results....

We still have to pay rent to WRU.

Then, who knows....

I'm not saying I have the answer here, but finance has to be a top priority for this club - it will be a tragedy if we knee jerk and suffer the same fate that we did 30 years ago because we finished mid to bottom half.

Mr Figo wrote:Thirty years ago we lost a club because of our financial situation. People on here are talking about sacking what could be the manager, assistant manager and the Director of Football.

We then appoint a manager who wants to bring their own staff in - cue more financial outlay....

We then have to pay off those players on two year contracts that the manager doesn't want....more financial outlay.....

We then have to tailor what players we get with what is a consequence of a smaller budget due to the outlay...

We then try and play "football" with those players....

Attendances fall due to bad results....

We still have to pay rent to WRU.

Then, who knows....

I'm not saying I have the answer here, but finance has to be a top priority for this club - it will be a tragedy if we knee jerk and suffer the same fate that we did 30 years ago because we finished mid to bottom half.
This is what all the fantasy football critics on here need to realise. Oh, and before Stan or anyone else suggests the problem with Newport people is they accept mediocrity, I disagree. We all want progress, but sitting behind a keyboard doesn't help the club one iota.
In short, I'd keep him certainly until next season. If we start very badly that's a different matter, but this season, whilst not being fantastic, would still rate as above average historically.