Re: Taff and the Trustatorship

tompkip wrote:As I see it the only people engaging in hate speech are coming from the left.as it’s a football forum that’s my last comment on the subject.but just out of interest do you see taffs comments are a hate speech.
I don't know what he says because I don't listen to him. I find him a bore.

However he has not been accused of inciting hatred so doesn't have to answer that. Intolerance of those who hold views contrary to ours I prevalent across the political spectrum. Left, right and centre.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
county37 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Number of points.

The Bradford incident. He removed the videos when he realized that it was offensive and apologised. I have no problem with that.

I can't comment on Harvey Price. I haven't got a clue what he's on about.

His political views, unless they are hate speech, are his views and I don't have a problem with. Although I suspect I would be very much opposed to them.

His criticism of the rugby is a view he is entitled to hold and express.

He certainly has a point, even if he didn't see it, that if complaints are made about him he should be informed immediately. It is simply unfair to hit anyone with a back log of complaints.

However Newport County football club have a reputation to keep. They also have a large number of children who follow the club. For anyone to involve the club with sex toys in the mouths of adults is clearly behaving in a manner which is grossly offensive. He is unfit to act as a volunteer at Newport County. In my view the club had no option but to ask him to stand down.
he has a history of sharing right wing material online. tommy robinson/Stephen yaxley lennon, nigel farage etc, i'm surprised the club didn't act sooner given the code of conduct that has come to light.
Blimey clearly an extremist to the left here.
Anybody who supported or voted in the past for Nigel Farage needs removing forthwith.
That one point is totally daft.
Regardless of anything else
definitely not left wing, just somebody with a brain. I imagine your one of those elderly farage groupies.

Unfortunately it's just a crap situation for all involved you can understand where the club are coming from but everyone is entitled to their own opinions and free soeach weather we agree or not his heart is in the right place and seems to have done alot for the club from watching his YouTube video

county37 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
county37 wrote:

The Bradford incident. He removed the videos when he realized that it was offensive and apologised. I have no problem with that.

His political views, unless they are hate speech, are his views and I don't have a problem with. Although I suspect I would be very much opposed to them.

He certainly has a point, even if he didn't see it, that if complaints are made about him he should be informed immediately. It is simply unfair to hit anyone with a back log of complaints.

However Newport County football club have a reputation to keep. They also have a large number of children who follow the club. For anyone to involve the club with sex toys in the mouths of adults is clearly behaving in a manner which is grossly offensive. He is unfit to act as a volunteer at Newport County. In my view the club had no option but to ask him to stand down.
he has a history of sharing right wing material online. tommy robinson/Stephen yaxley lennon, nigel farage etc, i'm surprised the club didn't act sooner given the code of conduct that has come to light.
Anybody who supported or voted in the past for Nigel Farage needs removing forthwith.
definitely not left wing, just somebody with a brain. I imagine your one of those elderly farage groupies.
I think the point is not whether you agree with people's political views but rather do people have a right to express views with which others would take exception. My view is that unless there is an incitement to hatred then freedom of speech is paramount.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
county37 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
county37 wrote:

I think the point is not whether you agree with people's political views but rather do people have a right to express views with which others would take exception. My view is that unless there is an incitement to hatred then freedom of speech is paramount.
Exactly.

rgds Dave

Are the 'trustatorship' wrong in this instance? We are all County at the end of the day and we all have our own beliefs but I don't think many UK clubs would want a representative publicly posting about the likes of Tommy Robinson on Facebook (If true). The man is a f****** spanner and people like him go against what modern football clubs are trying to eradicate

moetthepoet wrote:Are the 'trustatorship' wrong in this instance? We are all County at the end of the day and we all have our own beliefs but I don't think many UK clubs would want a representative publicly posting about the likes of Tommy Robinson on Facebook (If true). The man is a f****** spanner and people like him go against what modern football clubs are trying to eradicate
I agree with your views on Tommy Robinson. But I can't agree that people's political views being a reason to debar them as employees or volunteers. As I said one piece of behaviour was for me totally unacceptable and that because of it's 'adult' if that's the right word, nature of the post linked to a football club which seeks to attract children. Actually adult is the wrong word but you get my drift.

I suppose it's something of an oxymoron. Those with extreme political views should be silenced?