Re: God .... I’m BORED ......

Living & working in Spain suddenly isn’t as much fun as it was. Unable to work for 15 days from midnight on Friday 13th. Only supermarkets & chemists open. As from Monday 16th, essential travel only. Anyone caught breaking the curfew liable to heavy fines. On the plus side as there’s no sport to watch, I’ve started talking to the wife. She seems nice!

Dogger wrote:Living & working in Spain suddenly isn’t as much fun as it was. Unable to work for 15 days from midnight on Friday 13th. Only supermarkets & chemists open. As from Monday 16th, essential travel only. Anyone caught breaking the curfew liable to heavy fines. On the plus side as there’s no sport to watch, I’ve started talking to the wife. She seems nice!

No sport so spoke to Mrs P yesterday. Asked her how her job was going, told me that she had been made redundant from Woolworths! :grin:

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Dogger wrote:Living & working in Spain suddenly isn’t as much fun as it was. Unable to work for 15 days from midnight on Friday 13th. Only supermarkets & chemists open...
Something I don't understand. Surely as soon as the restrictions are lifted, people will just pour onto the streets and you'll be back at square one?
You are absolutely spot on. This madness is for a minimum of 15 days, so it could be extended. As you said, after the curfew has ended, the streets will be full. Sadly, this has killed St Patrick’s Day on Tuesday (a big deal in Beni) & Fathers Day on Thursday(also a very big deal in Spain.)

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Dogger wrote:Living & working in Spain suddenly isn’t as much fun as it was. Unable to work for 15 days from midnight on Friday 13th. Only supermarkets & chemists open...
Something I don't understand. Surely as soon as the restrictions are lifted, people will just pour onto the streets and you'll be back at square one?
There are two points to this.

Firstly if you do nothing then 60 to 80% of people will get the virus over the next six to eight weeks. The NHS won't be able to cope and more people will die who should have been saved. If you lock-down 60 to 80% of people will still get the virus but over a much longer period. The NHS will be better able to cope and more lives will be saved.

The second point is that the summer will see a slowdown in spread, viruses tend to not last nearly as outside a host body. This time next year we might have a vaccine.