Re: Season End, what’s your view?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52418048

Null and void in Holland
Only my opinion but for me making the season null and void is a mistake. I don't see football beginning until Christmas. Rather than lose two seasons I think a better plan would be to complete this season next year. Play out the Cup competitions. And back to normal in August 2021.
I agree although I can see some teams breaking the bank to get promotion or save a relegation place with the remaining games.

So the Dutch leagues TV money is all paid up for this season.

I assume should this season be finished in 2021, FOX will not be paying any extra for the rights to show those games.

So with no extra TV money, no gate receipts, no matchday revenue, no 20/21 TV money.. who is paying wages for the additional 6-8 months there is no football?

It's the part I dont understand.

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Null and void in Holland
Only my opinion but for me making the season null and void is a mistake. I don't see football beginning until Christmas. Rather than lose two seasons I think a better plan would be to complete this season next year. Play out the Cup competitions. And back to normal in August 2021.
I agree although I can see some teams breaking the bank to get promotion or save a relegation place with the remaining games.
Likewise why would teams like us with nothing to play for waste good money on contracting decent players to play out the remaining 10 games. Surely more sensible to put kids out and save as much cash for 2020-21 season or whenever we restart. Would make the 2019-20 season a farce with un-competitive matches eg Bolton / Macclesfield this season. End 2019-20 now based on PPG and start 2020-21 once we get through Covid.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Null and void in Holland

I agree first part but football will resume by late June IMO.

Edit: I would knock this seasons cup competitions on the head though
Last edited by Exile 1976 on July 14th, 2020, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UPTHEPORT wrote:Well there's going to be no cricket until at least July and you could play cricket using social distancing unlike football

End this season now and let's look forward to next season
Why? Apparently they’re saying there will be no fans possible until around December, so if they’re not going to start the 20/21 league on time should they cancel that too?
It’s simply unfair to play 3/4 of a season, spend money in two transfer windows to try and gain promotion only for it to be declared null and void..
The team top of the Dutch second tier were 11 points clear of second place but will now have to start again .... imo that’s just not right .

Exile 1976 wrote:Why? Apparently they’re saying there will be no fans possible until around December, so if they’re not going to start the 20/21 league on time should they cancel that too?
I'm willing to wager a delayed start and truncated 20/21 season is worth more in revenue than finishing the 19/20 season by May 2021 with no season 20/21 at all.