Re: Season Tickets

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:It's time now to say to pause this season until next year. Carry on with the outstanding fixtures next year (short season). OK, there will be changes in players etc... but there is not going to be a win-all situation. Maybe have another competition somewhere if clubs need more fixtures?
Why would they do that we ourselves like a lot of teams have little to play for

Start a new season
I agree, starting a new season when viable is the best way to proceed.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:It's time now to say to pause this season until next year. Carry on with the outstanding fixtures next year (short season). OK, there will be changes in players etc... but there is not going to be a win-all situation. Maybe have another competition somewhere if clubs need more fixtures?

Start a new season
You totally miss the point.
Its not about us but the clubs who have a decent chance of promotion.
Barrow must be tamping in the Nationwide also.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Start a new season
Its to late league 2 have agreed to end season as for Barrow they need to take a look at other clubs in non league which agreed to end season

Amberexile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Start a new season

However what do you do if the new season can't begin until February 2021?

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: Nobody needs to spend money on an entertainment that they are unable to enjoy.
I'll be back at football a long time before I next go to the cinema, can't see how they can possibly be made safe.
I don't think you can make either safe. Thousands in a confined space, which a football stadium is will, in my view, be impossible this year.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Start a new season

I guess the answer depends on whether you consider it is viable to start a new season in February.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Start a new season

I guess the answer depends on whether you consider it is viable to start a new season in February.
That's my point. We can finish this season then and accept we have lost a season, or we can lose two seasons.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Start a new season

That's my point. We can finish this season then and accept we have lost a season, or we can lose two seasons.
In making the decision to finish this season early, the clubs seem to have decided otherwise. Once promotion and relegation issues are finalised, I can't see them going back on that.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Start a new season
Rubbish. Carlisle and Morecambe are just two examples from EFL2 of clubs that have announced their retained list. Carlisle have 6 pros and Morecambe 5 on their books beyond June. How competitive do you think they will be should the 19/20 season recommence in 2021 ? Gonna save their limited resources to put a squad together for the 21/22 season. Recommencing the 19/20 season in 21 will be farcical.
All things considered whats proposed by the EFL to conclude the 19/20 season is the most sensible, while also accepting that it isn't perfect by any means.
As far as I am aware there is still every chance that Barrow and Harrogate will be promoted. Bury need to be replaced and the EFL are keen to ensure relegation is maintained from each division, so its likely that Stevenage will go down even though the EFL2 clubs have just voted against relegation.
My view is that the 20/21 season should start when it is safe to do so, maybe behind closed doors initially. If indeed the season cannot start until 2021 extend it through the summer months. Cancel the tin pot cup, maybe even the FA / League cups and league play offs should the number of games need to be reduced. Knock on could well be a delayed start to the 21/22 season, so be it. Quite how many clubs will still be in business come 2021 is anyone's guess.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

Start a new season

In making the decision to finish this season early, the clubs seem to have decided otherwise. Once promotion and relegation issues are finalised, I can't see them going back on that.
You may be right on that. Although promotion and relegation issues are a minefield.

However doesn't alter the fact that if there is no football this year I'm going to take great delight in repeatedly and annoyingly saying I told you so. :grin:

As far as promotion and relegation is concerned, the one essential is consistence across the divisions. Even that seems uncertain at the moment. League Two have announced a plan, League One are holding fire. League Two suggests weighted PPG with no relegation, League One is leaning towards an unweigted adjustment. I believe the Championship still fancies a go at behind closed doors completion of the season. It's somewhat of a comfort to be supporting a mid table team.

excessbee wrote:As far as promotion and relegation is concerned, the one essential is consistence across the divisions. Even that seems uncertain at the moment. League Two have announced a plan, League One are holding fire. League Two suggests weighted PPG with no relegation, League One is leaning towards an unweigted adjustment. I believe the Championship still fancies a go at behind closed doors completion of the season. It's somewhat of a comfort to be supporting a mid table team.
I think that the truth is that nobody has a clue what to do. Clubs in promotion positions will want the season ended now with promotion and relegation. Clubs with a chance of promotion will want the season finished. Clubs in relegation positions will want the season voided. As will clubs who might have fallen into that position.

That accounts for 72 League clubs. For Newport County alone, it really doesn't matter. :grin:

excessbee wrote:I suppose the one option that won't happen is voiding the season. I suppose that could have introduced the bizarre scenario of Bury's owner saying since season 19/20 didn't happen, then Bury can't have been expelled from the league in season 2019/20.
With that type of thinking you should have been a barrister. Strange as it might seem that's arguable. :|

Edit.

The more I think about this the better the argument becomes. All games are voided. That means that for the purposes of the League rules those games never took place. Bury were expelled from the League for failing to fulfill League fixtures. However neither did anybody else play those League fixtures.

It may be a loop-hole but if I were Bury I'd jump through.