Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Do you really think this Sponsorship drive has been a success with probably well under 300 supporters contributing.
Take out the various club donations which are not new money, all those like my family and friends who are chipping in for the charities, the current board members albeit cannot see anything from the inner sanctum and as you stated more than one donation like yourself from a single individual.
Its a total farce with no impetus from our Board to kick it on.
Still tucking into the sandwiches or as AGB states sat on their derrieres still.
Who in your view makes up the inner sanctum Frank?
Will PM you mate.

Cheers

We want transparency!!!
I've had a message and replied. Up to Frank if he wants to make it public but pretty much the same names I'd have come up with so assume most people on here could make a reasonable guess at it.

Amberexile wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Do you really think this Sponsorship drive has been a success with probably well under 300 supporters contributing.
Take out the various club donations which are not new money, all those like my family and friends who are chipping in for the charities, the current board members albeit cannot see anything from the inner sanctum and as you stated more than one donation like yourself from a single individual.
Its a total farce with no impetus from our Board to kick it on.
Still tucking into the sandwiches or as AGB states sat on their derrieres still.
Who in your view makes up the inner sanctum Frank?
Will PM you mate.

Cheers

We want transparency!!!
I've had a message and replied. Up to Frank if he wants to make it public but pretty much the same names I'd have come up with so assume most people on here could make a reasonable guess at it.
Messrs Foxhall and Johnson definitely, Ward probably, and one or two of the appointees, the Eminence Grise.

I grumbled about this pretty much at the start. GF, for all the sacrifices he's undoubtedly made, is simply not the guy to have as a figurehead to promote that sense of community that is simply essential if a community-owned club is to survive for more than a few years.

As soon as ownership switched from Les we should've been bombarded with propaganda about what our required financial commitment would be in order to support County, but we had a bit of a cup run and that vital message was never sent.

I feel the supporter base is now largely immune to pleas for cash unless there's an urgency attached to the message.

IMB, as he is perfectly entitled to do, was critical of my posts. One of his criticisms I am able to empirically answer. That being anonymous donations.

Of the near €75,000 donated to Sligo Rovers €5110 was donated anonymously. None of these donations were of four figures.

Newport County of a mere £32,000 had £8,770 donated by persons unknown of which three were of four figures.

Approximately 8% of Sligo's donations were given anonymously, 28% of County's. Which if you remove donations from within the club becomes well over 40%.

Make of those figures what you will.

And for the sake of clarity I give anonymously when I donate and I commend all people who do, which includes the many genuine County and Rovers supporters.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:IMB, as he is perfectly entitled to do, was critical of my posts. One of his criticisms I am able to empirically answer. That being anonymous donations.

Of the near €75,000 donated to Sligo Rovers €5110 was donated anonymously. None of these donations were of four figures.

Newport County of a mere £32,000 had £8,770 donated by persons unknown of which three were of four figures.

Approximately 8% of Sligo's donations were given anonymously, 28% of County's. Which if you remove donations from within the club becomes well over 40%.

And for the sake of clarity I give anonymously when I donate and I commend all people who do, which includes the many genuine County and Rovers supporters.
Thank you Stan, I appreciate the detail.

As you say, make of those figures what you will. That is important, a %age of both groups have donated anonymously and people can make their own mind up why that is. You have no idea of the individual reasons yet you present and nuance it as if the anonymous donations for County are somehow tainted. Even above you add '...if you remove...', without balancing it by saying 'Of course I have no idea how much of the Sligo money comes from the club'. I note you didn't comment on the fact it is actually not easy - even if it is possible - to donate to the Sligo fund as a group.

IMB wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:IMB, as he is perfectly entitled to do, was critical of my posts. One of his criticisms I am able to empirically answer. That being anonymous donations.

As you say, make of those figures what you will. That is important, a %age of both groups have donated anonymously and people can make their own mind up why that is. You have no idea of the individual reasons yet you present and nuance it as if the anonymous donations for County are somehow tainted. Even above you add '...if you remove...', without balancing it by saying 'Of course I have no idea how much of the Sligo money comes from the club'. I note you didn't comment on the fact it is actually not easy - even if it is possible - to donate to the Sligo fund as a group.
The premise of your post is nonsense. The only point of donating money from the club to the club is to make it appear that there is momentum. And as it is so obvious it comes across as pathetic.

Sligo Rovers had a target of €40,000. So as to date in ten days they have raised over €76,000 they hardly need to do that do they? In terms I have a very good idea how much Sligo Rovers donated to themselves. Nothing.

The new target is €80,000. I suspect that they will get there. I admire your determination to defend the efforts of our club. But I genuinely think that your undoubted energy would be better utilized trying to convince those on the board of directors, with whom you have respectful conversations, that they really need to up their game.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
IMB wrote:

The premise of your post is nonsense. The only point of donating money from the club to the club is to make it appear that there is momentum. And as it is so obvious it comes across as pathetic.

Sligo Rovers had a target of €40,000. So as to date in ten days they have raised over €76,000 they hardly need to do that do they? In terms I have a very good idea how much Sligo Rovers donated to themselves. Nothing.

The new target is €80,000. I suspect that they will get there. I admire your determination to defend the efforts of our club. But I genuinely think that your undoubted energy would be better utilized trying to convince those on the board of directors, with whom you have respectful conversations, that they really need to up their game.
Your first paragraph Stan is spot on as is your last sentence of the third.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
IMB wrote:

In the current circumstances I think their game is fine. In the most trying of times they have designed a vehicle with which to generate income from a range of sources. A percentage of it may or may not have been destined for the club without it but this is the vehicle they designed so it is the one that will be used. Now you may or may not agree with the methodology chosen, I may or may not agree with it, but hats off to anyone - in any business - that comes up with innovation in these times. Criticize them all you want, snipe away at them all you want, direct credit for the situation anywhere you want but under their stewardship the club isn't 'doing a Sligo' and begging for its very survival.

IMB wrote:
In the current circumstances I think their game is fine. In the most trying of times they have designed a vehicle with which to generate income from a range of sources. A percentage of it may or may not have been destined for the club without it but this is the vehicle they designed so it is the one that will be used. Now you may or may not agree with the methodology chosen, I may or may not agree with it, but hats off to anyone - in any business - that comes up with innovation in these times. Criticize them all you want, snipe away at them all you want, direct credit for the situation anywhere you want but under their stewardship the club isn't 'doing a Sligo' and begging for its very survival.

I see. It's hats off to the innovative premier football team in a city of 150,00 who can crowd fund £32,000, because they are not begging like the premier football team in a town of 20,000 who can raise €77,000 in a third of the time using the same method.

I really don't know how to begin arguing with that. Perhaps we should, as ever, leave it to the readers of this board to decide which of us is living on planet Earth.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
IMB wrote:

I see. It's hats off to the innovative premier football team in a city of 150,00 who can crowd fund £32,000, because they are not begging like the premier football team in a town of 20,000 who can raise €77,000 in a third of the time using the same method.

I really don't know how to begin arguing with that. Perhaps we should, as ever, leave it to the readers of this board to decide which of us is living on planet Earth.
You beat me to it Stan.
"Innovation".
Seriously gobsmacked.
Normally this fella and AGB give me a good giggle but I feel like having a meltdown here.
This is utter garbage and the more I read this characters threads the more I think he is one of those making these "innovative" decisions.
Thank goodness another wave of giggles comes over me.
Totally unbelievable clap trap. :evil:

IMB wrote: .... I may or may not agree with it, but hats off to anyone - in any business - that comes up with innovation in these times. Criticize them all you want, snipe away at them all you want, direct credit for the situation anywhere you want but under their stewardship the club isn't 'doing a Sligo' and begging for its very survival.
The club tried but have sadly failed, even if they do get the £40k, which I think is doubtful unless they go and offer 'something else' to businesses.

Really, it was poorly thought out and a lazy option.

A quiet Sunday in Sligo and Newport.

In Sligo today in response to that tawdry begging the response is a miserly 30 donors giving €1640. Whilst in response to the innovative actions of those bastions of commercial excellence who have charge of Newport County £120 from 1(one) donor.

And if IBM or AGB don't get sarcasm now they never will. Oh and Alan, some of the Sligo donors, shock to end all shocks, have Polish names.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:A quiet Sunday in Sligo and Newport.

In Sligo today in response to that tawdry begging the response is a miserly 30 donors giving €1640. Whilst in response to the innovative actions of those bastions of commercial excellence who have charge of Newport County £120 from 1(one) donor.

And if IBM or AGB don't get sarcasm now they never will. Oh and Alan, some of the Sligo donors, shock to end all shocks, have Polish names.
Says it all Stan.

I've been supporting County for over 30 years and never felt so disillusioned. I feel totally detached from the club. Many years ago I walked to Rob Santwris Carpets in Maindee. I handed over hard earned money for the player fund. I felt involved then as a supporter, but sadly not any more. The Club is shrouded in secrecy and as a result I haven't given money for the shirt sponsorship. This pains me and I really fear for the future of Newport County. I can't be the only one who feels like this.

RiscaRascal wrote:I've been supporting County for over 30 years and never felt so disillusioned. I feel totally detached from the club. Many years ago I walked to Rob Santwris Carpets in Maindee. I handed over hard earned money for the player fund. I felt involved then as a supporter, but sadly not any more. The Club is shrouded in secrecy and as a result I haven't given money for the shirt sponsorship. This pains me and I really fear for the future of Newport County. I can't be the only one who feels like this.
Sad to say you are probably in the majority it pains me to say.
By the way listening to these clowns on here nobody from Risca follows the club.
Clueless spokespeople or board members coming on here belittling supporters .
Its painful to read it