Re: The Retained and Released list is out

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: I expect things to go quiet now for several weeks, but I do wonder if it would be worth MF arranging a friendly / training match against another Lge 1/2 side to get the squad working again, of course if this is permitted and covid tests can be done (surely as part of every club's summer planning they weigh and check the health of all contracted players so perhaps they can get an EFL covid test done also?).
When possibly restarting L2 was under discussion, it was reported tests were a factor as they cost 150 quid a pop. So a friendly against another club would cost each the best part of 4,000.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Reading between the lines it appears to me that Gavin Foxhall is doing his very best to ensure that Michael Flynn gets the blame for this. And Michael Flynn is doing his best to make sure Gavin Foxhall carries the can. I wonder who will suffer. Oh silly me, it'll be the long suffering fans.
Or maybe people aren't obsessed with blame and take the mature view that sh1t happens to some people's jobs, and has in a big and completely unforeseeable way.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Reading between the lines it appears to me that Gavin Foxhall is doing his very best to ensure that Michael Flynn gets the blame for this. And Michael Flynn is doing his best to make sure Gavin Foxhall carries the can. I wonder who will suffer. Oh silly me, it'll be the long suffering fans.
Or maybe people aren't obsessed with blame and take the mature view that sh1t happens to some people's jobs, and has in a big and completely unforeseeable way.
But everything is foreseeable.

With hindsight...........

faerun exile wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Which is down the manager. All the club have done is back a manager that brought us success and put us back on the map.
And of course no other manager in the football league signs players who don't work out as a success.
I agree entirely. I also think Haines , Baker , Abrahams, Howkins , King and Townsend are decent signings or potentially decent.

The point being is that you cannot blame the club for backing the manager in the transfer market and certainly not someone who had a stock as high as Flynns last summer.

Percy plunkett wrote:Of the current squad,I would like to see four moved on.There is a slight chance that someone may take them but more likely we would have to pay them off or loan them out with us still paying a chunk of their wages.Unlikely in normal circumstances,less chance now.
Agreed. My 4 would be Azeez, Abrahams, Leadbitter and Ekpiteta although I am hopeful that the latter will bring something to the party next season. Happy with rest of the squad. Presumably Leadbitter is knackered long term. Fingers crossed with Azeez and Abrahams ... although we have had far worse on the books over recent seasons.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
No. They have fallen out big time George.

A while back Alan J Bryant posted on here something only Gavin Foxhall would have known. Which means he is inestimable powers of extra sensory perception, he is very well known to Gavin Foxhall or he is Gavin Foxhall.

Now Alan is one of the most sycophantic posters on this board. Had Paul Chauvin not lent his name to the word chauvinist I suspect you and me would be known as male bryantist pigs.

Read his posts. Gavin Foxhall and Michael Flynn have had the mother of all bust ups.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
faerun exile wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:Which is down the manager. All the club have done is back a manager that brought us success and put us back on the map.
And of course no other manager in the football league signs players who don't work out as a success.
I agree entirely. I also think Haines , Baker , Abrahams, Howkins , King and Townsend are decent signings or potentially decent.

The point being is that you cannot blame the club for backing the manager in the transfer market and certainly not someone who had a stock as high as Flynns last summer.
Flynn has made some good signings both contract and loan and has also made some crap ones, just like almost every other manager in the football league. Hard decisions are being forced now. As I have said before Bennett and Matt are both replaceable and yes they are better than what we will have contracted for 20/21 but that's how life works out sometimes.