Re: Season Tickets

Melling's equaliser wrote:Just rang and it rang off after a couple of minutes.

Rang again immediately and was answered straight away. Took a couple of minutes and the confirmation came through within a minute. No probs.
I quite like the idea of it cutting me off after two minutes. Otherwise I would have waited and waited and waited...... Twenty minutes later I would have been far more likely to have been annoyed at the person who picked up. It kind of takes the decision about hanging up out of your hands. When it does get answered you feel it's been picked up quickly. Ten two minute failures over a period is not as annoying as one twenty minute wait.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Frank - I know you only have low comprehension skills, but the point about the furlough is how long the office staff will have had to prioritise stuff which will have piled up. Someone repeatedly re-suggesting something the club was already looking at won't be high on the list.
Are you being deliberately misleading? Once again, para 5 of the club statement says, they ‘could’ include the issue as benefit for season ticket holders, not that that are doing it. They have given no update at all about what is happening and the season starts soon. I have even quoted the paragraph they used for you on the raising revenue thread. I am certainly not doing it for you again. That has been a great opportunity for the club lost.

You say, ‘the club was already looking at’. Where is your evidence to support this. As I said previously, the operative word in their statement is ‘could’. Could does not mean ‘we are already looking at it’. I hope that is clear enough for you.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I appreciate you are peeved because it turned out they were already looking at the idea weeks before you suggested it, but tickling your tummy won't be a priority for the club.
You really do come across as a nasty piece of work.
The obvious thing for the club to do would be acknowledge Pembs suggestion stating that it has been brought up and will or will not be taken on.
IMO it will not because it means some work involved.

With all these sacks of post still waiting to be opened following furlough I may be wrong of course.

That's the obvious thing to do - when it reaches the top of the to-do list.

But my whole point about the furlough is that catching up will involve a zillion other things first, and a supporter repeatedly raising even what might have been a good idea weeks after it has been raised within the board won't necessarily pass that test.

A bit of a sidestep from the thread title, but I'm assuming you've drifted back to cardboard cutouts. They would perhaps be viable in large numbers (Premier League and Championship) over an extended time. The usual idea is they occupy a block of seats which would otherwise be unused. I don't envisage a club scattering them amongst the seats allocated to season ticket holders. If the intention is financial benefit to the club, I repeat that £5 per month Trust membership is, in my opinion, a better option.

George Street-Bridge wrote:That's the obvious thing to do - when it reaches the top of the to-do list.

But my whole point about the furlough is that catching up will involve a zillion other things first, and a supporter repeatedly raising even what might have been a good idea weeks after it has been raised within the board won't necessarily pass that test.
Thank you for a polite reply.
If conversations went like this maybe us contributors would get on a bit better.

Cheers

excessbee wrote:
Melling's equaliser wrote:Just rang and it rang off after a couple of minutes.

Rang again immediately and was answered straight away. Took a couple of minutes and the confirmation came through within a minute. No probs.
I quite like the idea of it cutting me off after two minutes. Otherwise I would have waited and waited and waited...... Twenty minutes later I would have been far more likely to have been annoyed at the person who picked up. It kind of takes the decision about hanging up out of your hands. When it does get answered you feel it's been picked up quickly. Ten two minute failures over a period is not as annoying as one twenty minute wait.
"I quite like the idea of being cut off after two minutes". Really ?