Re: Exiles Grandstand Salford home

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Daylight robbery. But I'll take it.

Really?? I thought both teams were poor, and a draw the result Salford came for, and got ... and Salford didn't have a single shot on target in 90 mins.
Agreed, as I said above, Salford were happy with a point and didn't do enough to win it for me. We finished the stronger and were looking for a winner more than them

The Salamander wrote:
Nathanncfc wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:Abraham's, oh my
Awful isn’t he. How on earth he gets any game time for us is beyond me.
Funny how we see the game. I thought Abrahams did his job very well when coming on and kept putting pressure on the Salford defence so we could gain some territory. Not sure how anyone can criticise him for his 20 minutes.

Fair enough. I honestly hate being critical of individual players but when ever he’s up top I have no confidence in him whatsoever. Always seems to miss hit and scuff the ball... no end product at all. He lacks the goal scoring threat of Taylor or amond.

The only thing I do like about him he is quick and does seem to make a nuisance of himself but other than that does very little.

For all the game time he has had in the league this season he has only scored in open play in one game!

SULLY34 wrote:
The Salamander wrote:
Nathanncfc wrote:
Funny how we see the game. I thought Abrahams did his job very well when coming on and kept putting pressure on the Salford defence so we could gain some territory. Not sure how anyone can criticise him for his 20 minutes.
I dont get speechless very often but you achieved that then for a few minutes. Luckily I can still type. Absolutely awful touch, control, heading and everything else for 20mins
In the circumstances he came on, he did his job and chased down to relieve pressure.

Nobodies touch was great on that pitch, hence why sheehan got sent off after miscontrolling.

The Salamander wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:
The Salamander wrote:
Nathanncfc wrote:
I dont get speechless very often but you achieved that then for a few minutes. Luckily I can still type. Absolutely awful touch, control, heading and everything else for 20mins
In the circumstances he came on, he did his job and chased down to relieve pressure.

Nobodies touch was great on that pitch, hence why sheehan got sent off after miscontrolling.
Obviously respect your opinion as I do everyone elses, but being able to chase down is his only current quality. You dont need to be a footballer to do that

No disrepect to Sheehan but it was not until they were down to 10 men that County started to put more effort in and improve. Taylor and Scrimshaw made little impression up front and when replaced County improved further. I can't see Salford as a promotion team, I thought they were poor. I know that doesn't say a lot for County but I think that with a better selection upfront and without losing Haynes and Sheehan County might have won fairly comfortably.