Re: Wilmott loaned to Exeter

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Exeter manager talking about Robbie in my local paper today:

“As for Robbie, he provided what we needed in the wide areas after losing Nicky Law and the injuries to Joel Randall and Randell Williams. Robbie has been a strong performer and we’ll monitor his situation back at Newport.”

Out of 160 comments on the Exeter Forum discussing the retained list, only two were in favour of offering Wilmott a contract. Seems like the supporters are not necessarily in tune with the Manager, much like here where Robbie was concerned.
I think the key, perhaps critical comments from the Exeter manager were that Robbie wasn’t match fit and hadn’t trained properly before he joined them, and so they could only play him in every other game. Hence he won’t have been noticed by their fans in the same way as if he played 90mins each game, much like Gambin played only sporadically for us?
I noticed that comment, and frankly was disappointed as it reflects badly on Flynn and our own training regime.

Blackandamber wrote:
excessbee wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Yep, 13 + 4, one goal, three yellow cards.
So that pretty much coincided with their goals drying up then. Maybe he wasn't the player they needed for the final push.
He's a winger so more importantly how many assists did he have?
Not many if they weren't scoring goals.

Blackandamber wrote:
excessbee wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Yep, 13 + 4, one goal, three yellow cards.
So that pretty much coincided with their goals drying up then. Maybe he wasn't the player they needed for the final push.
He's a winger so more importantly how many assists did he have?
4 assists according to the BBC website.