Re: Starting today.

Well, I am glad that game is over. We got there. Phew. Here is the final points table. County actual P15, W7, D4, L4, GD9, Pts25.

UTP 21
Butlins 18
Special branch 18
Pembs 18
Old Cromwellian 16
Mad Norm 16
Worksop Amber 16
Exile 1976 15
Reebok 12
Portskewett 11
Phil in Northampton 11
Steve 11
Papski 9
Sully 9
Low and hard 7
Daftas 6
Mr Figo 6
Stan 5
Flat 4 - 5
Neil C 0
Llanwern Exile 0
King of Gwent 0
Nineteen eighty 0

Congratulations to UTP on winning the league - led for a long time. There was a prize mentioned but that’s for someone else to sort.

Thanks to all for taking part, and thanks to Stan for getting a brilliant idea going. Thoroughly enjoyed doing this, but as Stan mentioned months ago, it does take some time. Apologies to anyone if I had your scores wrong - it did happen a few times but was soon resolved amicably, I think.

I hope Stan is back for next season, but, if not..................

Good Evening

Well done Mike for taking over a competition with a rule book of great complexity and ambiguity.

I’m not sure I agree with your interpretation of the scoring system. However I totally respect you for doing it and will accept your final decision.

Well done Jim, you shouldn’t have won but you did!

Phil in Northampton

Good Afternoon

My thoughts on this continued after Mike crowned Jim the winner.

Here is my alternative view, and bear in mind this statement from Stan on commencing this prediction league....

from now until the end of the season I will predict the County result alone. The great thing about this league is that one individual result is but that. Indeed if say after 10 games your predictions would have County on say 13 points, if over the next 10 games County acquire 13 points you would be top of the League even if you didn't predict one result correctly.

How do you interpret that?

For example Reebok predicted County would achieve 25 points, Jim predicted County would win 45. County achieved 25 points.

Now obviously, in good faith Mike’s scoring system didn’t reflect the original concept. A concept I agree that had many flaws.

I’m not criticising Mikes efforts, as I for one wouldn’t have taken it on, but maybe some recognition that Reebok achieved exactly the criteria stated to be the winner.?

Phil in Northampton

Gentlemen, Ladies,

At the start of this competition County had 15 League games remaining and were on 48 points. We finished with 73 points.

As promised if you would now count up the number of points your predictions yielded I will contribute £20 to the nominated charity the poster who either hit 25 points exactly or was closest to 25 points. In the event of a tie I will split the contribution. Please PM me if you think you have won.

Kind regards,

Stan.