Re: Contract offers

ajs wrote:GSB--Exeter City manage to keep a number of young players, Flynn's argument is not sound, he prefers older players as he see's them as his path to a CV with promotion on it. He has just spouted about Hartigan and how he is better suited to better pitches, not all games were played at RP, Cardiff City's pitch was very good as were some of the away games played, more bullshit from Mr Flynn
Exeter keep their young players because they reinvest the money they've earned from developing players back into the youth team and their reputation. Two things that we don't have.

You've keep mentioning Flynn wanting a promotion on his CV. Would you not be happy if Flynn gets us promotion with a squad of older players?

I feel a club financially secure with it's own facilities is more important. I fear that the present squad would not be up to league 1, I live near Portsmouth and know their performances. We are not in a financial postion to buy players and we have none to sell, the wage bill will be higher and when crowds are back knowing the Newport crowds they will stay home or go to bingo!!!, if the team are not doing well. I have been a follower of the County since 1950, living on Somerton Road then watch the welsh league as well. Would I like the county to gain promotion of I do, I would prefer us to be better placed than we are now

ajs wrote:I feel a club financially secure with it's own facilities is more important. I fear that the present squad would not be up to league 1, I live near Portsmouth and know their performances. We are not in a financial postion to buy players and we have none to sell, the wage bill will be higher and when crowds are back knowing the Newport crowds they will stay home or go to bingo!!!, if the team are not doing well. I have been a follower of the County since 1950, living on Somerton Road then watch the welsh league as well. Would I like the county to gain promotion of I do, I would prefer us to be better placed than we are now
I still don't get why you keep saying that Flynn 'wants a promotion on his CV' as if it's a negative. I'm sure all the other 23 managers in the League want one as well.

If we go up, we might come straight back down. We might manage what Accrington Stanley have achieved so far. We could even do a Burton and go up to the Championship. Unlikely, but it's possible. Most clubs at that level aren't able to buy players either, the only ones that can are the clubs with a long history of Premier League/Championship football.

All I know is that when fans are allowed back in, I'd rather see County playing in League One than in League Two. Having the likes of Sunderland, Charlton, Portsmouth, Ipswich, Blackpool etc filling up the away end will give us a bit more money to offer out contracts to a few more OAPs.