Re: Newport County to give financial update

I'll make my usual plea for Trust members to actually show up to the AGM. Last year the attendance was in the teens, and I was the only person to ask any questions at all. I stick to my view that we have some good people running our club, and we owe them thanks for giving up their time - for free - to do so. But the many and various people who throw mud or complain should at least have the courage of their convictions to come along and ask any questions that they believe are pertinent.

Kairdiff Exile wrote: May 10th, 2023, 11:45 am I'll make my usual plea for Trust members to actually show up to the AGM. Last year the attendance was in the teens, and I was the only person to ask any questions at all. I stick to my view that we have some good people running our club, and we owe them thanks for giving up their time - for free - to do so. But the many and various people who throw mud or complain should at least have the courage of their convictions to come along and ask any questions that they believe are pertinent.
Okay. If the club genuinely want people to turn up at the AGM, they need to do the following.

Give 6 weeks notice of the date and venue. Hold it on a Saturday morning. Hold it before the schools break up and people go on holiday. Do that and if people don't show then they can be criticized.

Say we're having an AGM at 6-30 next Tuesday evening and those that turn up are going to be lonely.

Kairdiff Exile wrote: May 10th, 2023, 12:04 pm They've given a month's notice, which I think is adequate; it's also well ahead of schools breaking up. As for when to hold it, you'll never find a time that works for everyone: personally I've got two lots of kids' football to coach on a Saturday morning so a weeknight suits me fine.

See you there on 12 June, Stan - I'll save you a seat by me. :grin:
Haha - yes the 12th.....good thinking.

Kairdiff Exile wrote: May 10th, 2023, 12:04 pm They've given a month's notice, which I think is adequate; it's also well ahead of schools breaking up. As for when to hold it, you'll never find a time that works for everyone: personally I've got two lots of kids' football to coach on a Saturday morning so a weeknight suits me fine.

See you there on 12 June, Stan - I'll save you a seat by me. :grin:
Thanks. PM me and we'll have a chat first.

See you there.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 10th, 2023, 12:01 pm
Kairdiff Exile wrote: May 10th, 2023, 11:45 am I'll make my usual plea for Trust members to actually show up to the AGM. Last year the attendance was in the teens, and I was the only person to ask any questions at all. I stick to my view that we have some good people running our club, and we owe them thanks for giving up their time - for free - to do so. But the many and various people who throw mud or complain should at least have the courage of their convictions to come along and ask any questions that they believe are pertinent.
Okay. If the club genuinely want people to turn up at the AGM, they need to do the following.

Give 6 weeks notice of the date and venue. Hold it on a Saturday morning. Hold it before the schools break up and people go on holiday. Do that and if people don't show then they can be criticized.

Say we're having an AGM at 6-30 next Tuesday evening and those that turn up are going to be lonely.
The time is Now........ ER no it's not, the time MUST be 6 WEEKS time...................

And all because he had to beg someone who actually goes to games to ask a director, couldn't possibly have done it himself, or asked said director about Gavin Foxall, no totally impossible that.................

Months of rumours generated by him later, suddenly he can make it...........

Everytime he puts a row of ZZZZZZZZ

Why can't he converse if he thinks Stan couldn't have met with a director instead of months and months of demanding something that could only happen at the end of the season?

Are you going to answer for him if both are incapable? Why is the suffering only one way, we have had to put up with the same demand for month's, presumably you think that helps adult conversation..........