Re: XL Bullys

mad norm wrote: September 15th, 2023, 12:05 pm And before they ban them shoot them if they attack or are out of control.
Yeh I think you're probably right Norm. You get the usual arguments about it being the owner not the animal which I understand but in my opinion it's a bit like owning a zombie knife, there's only really one purpose.

Sadly we took on a rescue dog a lurcher seven years ago, We all loved Billy straight away but we were told Billy was miss treated by his previous owner and the RSPCA told us when we had him never put your face by his .

Anyway after 6 months Billy was still a nervous dog but we thought he was coming round and as I said we adored him .

Then bank holiday in August that year he was curled up on the sofa with the wife we were watching TV he was dozing or sleeping the wife just started stroking his head he jumped up and bit her on the face just under the eye it was horrendous she had to have a plastic surgeon treat her face and only missed her eye by centermeters.

Sadly the next day we had to have Billy put to sleep we where all totally devastated and to this day I still shed a tear for him and my wife still feels so guilty.

We miss our Bills

So our advice is to everyone never trust a dog one hundred percent and never leave them alone with children.

Also I'm still pissed off with the RSPCA I rang and told them we Sadly had to have bills put to sleep but to this day not one person followed up with us.

Bills got me through a lot I was made redundant that year and I took him everywhere on my long walks that was my way of getting over being thrown out by my employer

We've had a dog since but I don't get the same connection with him

UPTHEPORT wrote: September 15th, 2023, 1:49 pm Sadly we took on a rescue dog a lurcher seven years ago, We all loved Billy straight away but we were told Billy was miss treated by his previous owner and the RSPCA told us when we had him never put your face by his .

Anyway after 6 months Billy was still a nervous dog but we thought he was coming round and as I said we adored him .

Then bank holiday in August that year he was curled up on the sofa with the wife we were watching TV he was dozing or sleeping the wife just started stroking his head he jumped up and bit her on the face just under the eye it was horrendous she had to have a plastic surgeon treat her face and only missed her eye by centermeters.

Sadly the next day we had to have Billy put to sleep we where all totally devastated and to this day I still shed a tear for him and my wife still feels so guilty.

We miss our Bills

So our advice is to everyone never trust a dog one hundred percent and never leave them alone with children.

Also I'm still pissed off with the RSPCA I rang and told them we Sadly had to have bills put to sleep but to this day not one person followed up with us.

Bills got me through a lot I was made redundant that year and I took him everywhere on my long walks that was my way of getting over being thrown out by my employer

We've had a dog since but I don't get the same connection with him
Blimey, I got quite emotional reading that. Sorry for your loss. Made me think of my own fairly recent loss (Rosie). We've got over a dozen dogs (we're a smallholding) and Rosie was one of a kind. Not felt anything like that before, when we lost her at a relatively young age to a heart condition.

RIP Bills!