Re: Rugby World Cup 2023

CathedralCounty wrote: September 25th, 2023, 9:30 am Flip me! Wales battered the Aussies - flattering to deceive or real contenders?

As well as Wales played against one of the worst Australian sides I can ever remember watching in my Lifetime...( Eddie Jones strikes again - how does that clueless guy keep getting jobs is beyond me) they will be / are miles behind Ireland and South Africa.
As an Englishman it pains me to say Wales would probably beat England at the moment but get nowhere near winning it even if the draw favours them.
They would need to step up one or even two levels to get anywhere close.
Semi Finals at best I fear....
At least that's one stage more than England will get too as it looks like we will have Figi in the Quarter Finals . Can't see us beating them.Borthwick still thinks 90's style Rugby is the way forward...

neilcork68 wrote: September 25th, 2023, 9:56 am
CathedralCounty wrote: September 25th, 2023, 9:30 am Flip me! Wales battered the Aussies - flattering to deceive or real contenders?

As well as Wales played against one of the worst Australian sides I can ever remember watching in my Lifetime...( Eddie Jones strikes again - how does that clueless guy keep getting jobs is beyond me) they will be / are miles behind Ireland and South Africa.
As an Englishman it pains me to say Wales would probably beat England at the moment but get nowhere near winning it even if the draw favours them.
They would need to step up one or even two levels to get anywhere close.
Semi Finals at best I fear....
At least that's one stage more than England will get too as it looks like we will have Figi in the Quarter Finals . Can't see us beating them.Borthwick still thinks 90's style Rugby is the way forward...
You don't become a rubbish coach overnight - its taken Eddie Jones 8 years! Pugnacity will only get you so far and rugby union in Oz is 4th or 5th placed sport possibly 6th or 7th if one takes netball into account.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: October 15th, 2023, 9:24 am
mad norm wrote: October 14th, 2023, 10:59 pm AND... What an awesome game of rugby. ,Ireland v All Blacks
Privileged to have seen it
Agreed. Think too many people wrote off the All Blacks after their opening game defeat. Could that game be replayed as the last game in the final.?
Disappointing as it was to see Wales lose yesterday, at least we're spared a huge defeat against the All Blacks.

The worst of the 4 home nations ( on recent form )have made the semis..Who would have predicted that.

Even though we have a very small chance of beating South Africa, let's hope we can drag them down to our level. County did it against much superior sides so why can't England ?
We have come through some very hard games over the last two weeks against Tonga and Figi through hard graft.Its not pretty to watch but effective.

neilcork68 wrote: October 22nd, 2023, 12:45 pm you play to your strengths when your the UNDERDOG

As a County fan you should appreciate that theory.

Everyone , including myself expected a one sided game but at least we got there and put on a good performance.

How did Wales get on in their Semi Final....I missed that result ?

#Bittertaffy
I think it was Sid Going who said of Welsh rugby, "You can never beat Wales, you can score more points than they do, but you can never beat them". :grin: