Re: M inisters have said displays of support for Hamas in the UK are “repugnant” and urged police action

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the conflict / war, I hope and pray that a solution can be found that will result in long term peace in this part of the middle east.

The most famous of all Israelis called for people to love their neighbour and love their enemy, but Jesus Christ also predicted that we would see difficult times in the world before his return.

In Luke chapter 21 he said:

"10 Then he said to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

20 “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city. 22 For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written. 23 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. 24 They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

25 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26 People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

34 “Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you suddenly like a trap. 35 For it will come on all those who live on the face of the whole earth. 36 Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man (Jesus Christ).”

In John chapter 3 (amplified version) Jesus said:

16 “For God so [greatly] loved and dearly prized the world, that He [even] gave His [One and] only begotten Son, so that whoever believes and trusts in Him [as Saviour] shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge and condemn the world [that is, to initiate the final judgment of the world], but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 Whoever believes and has decided to trust in Him [as personal Saviour and Lord] is not judged [for this one, there is no judgment, no rejection, no condemnation]; but the one who does not believe [and has decided to reject Him as personal Savior and Lord] is judged already [that one has been convicted and sentenced], because he has not believed and trusted in the name of the [One and] only begotten Son of God [the One who is truly unique, the only One of His kind, the One who alone can save him].

Re: M inisters have said displays of support for Hamas in the UK are “repugnant” and urged police action

Blackandamber wrote: October 14th, 2023, 12:02 pm Whatever the rights and wrongs of the conflict / war, I hope and pray that a solution can be found that will result in long term peace in this part of the middle east.

The most famous of all Israelis called for people to love their neighbour and love their enemy, but Jesus Christ also predicted that we would see difficult times in the world before his return.

In Luke chapter 21 he said:

"10 Then he said to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

20 “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city. 22 For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written. 23 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. 24 They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

25 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26 People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

34 “Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you suddenly like a trap. 35 For it will come on all those who live on the face of the whole earth. 36 Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man (Jesus Christ).”

In John chapter 3 (amplified version) Jesus said:

16 “For God so [greatly] loved and dearly prized the world, that He [even] gave His [One and] only begotten Son, so that whoever believes and trusts in Him [as Saviour] shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send the Son into the world to judge and condemn the world [that is, to initiate the final judgment of the world], but that the world might be saved through Him. 18 Whoever believes and has decided to trust in Him [as personal Saviour and Lord] is not judged [for this one, there is no judgment, no rejection, no condemnation]; but the one who does not believe [and has decided to reject Him as personal Savior and Lord] is judged already [that one has been convicted and sentenced], because he has not believed and trusted in the name of the [One and] only begotten Son of God [the One who is truly unique, the only One of His kind, the One who alone can save him].
Note that when Christ was on earth in the1st century AD, Judea included Gaza, Ashkelon and Jerusalem.

One final thought, from me at least. I was watching the news when my phone rang. I turned down the sound to take the call. At the end of the call I looked up.

On the TV screen was a young boy about ten years of age. His face was bloodied, his eyes had that far away look of someone who has seen things no human being should ever see, let alone a ten year old child.

As the volume was turned down there was no commentary, only the sight of a traumatised child. Two things. Firstly I had, and still have, no idea whether the child was an Israeli or a Palestinian.

Secondly, that fact really doesn't matter.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 14th, 2023, 12:38 pm One final thought, from me at least. I was watching the news when my phone rang. I turned down the sound to take the call. At the end of the call I looked up.

On the TV screen was a young boy about ten years of age. His face was bloodied, his eyes had that far away look of someone who has seen things no human being should ever see, let alone a ten year old child.

As the volume was turned down there was no commentary, only the sight of a traumatised child. Two things. Firstly I had, and still have, no idea whether the child was an Israeli or a Palestinian.

Secondly, that fact really doesn't matter.
True. It doesn't matter where on our planet the child was from. It's still horrific.

Israel Gaza war: History of the conflict explained

Here is just a little bit of the article:

What was Israel before 1948, and what was the Balfour Declaration?

Britain took control of the area known as Palestine following the defeat of the Ottoman Empire, which ruled that part of the Middle East, in World War One.

The land was inhabited by a Jewish minority and Arab majority, as well as other, smaller ethnic groups.

Tensions between the two peoples grew when the international community gave the UK the task of establishing a "national home" in Palestine for Jewish people.

This stemmed from the Balfour Declaration of 1917, a pledge made by then Foreign Secretary Arthur Balfour to Britain's Jewish community.

The declaration was enshrined in the British mandate over Palestine and endorsed by the newly-created League of Nations - forerunner of the United Nations - in 1922.

To Jews, Palestine was their ancestral home, but Palestinian Arabs also claimed the land and opposed the move.

" the international community"
I admit my knowledge is limited but can someone enlighten me as to who/what the "international community" was ,who ran it who headed it and why give it to Britain to sort out?
What I do know is that my Dad served in the Middle East WW2 and never mentioned Israel ( no political
intent, in case Mosad read this forum)
My father was a good Christian and I have some of his written musings, letters maps etc from that area which I shall peruse more thoroughly.
At a time like this we should all give our thoughts to all innocent people caught up in this hate

mad norm wrote: October 16th, 2023, 7:58 pm " the international community"
I admit my knowledge is limited but can someone enlighten me as to who/what the "international community" was ,who ran it who headed it and why give it to Britain to sort out?
What I do know is that my Dad served in the Middle East WW2 and never mentioned Israel ( no political
My father was a good Christian and I have some of his written musings, letters maps etc from that area which I shall peruse more thoroughly.
At a time like this we should all give our thoughts to all innocent people caught up in this hate

The international community is a term used in geopolitics and international relations to refer to a broad group of people and governments of the world.

mad norm wrote: October 16th, 2023, 7:58 pm " the international community"
Norm, there has always been conflict in the Palestinian areas and this has been rising steadily since the 1930’s. For that you can blame the Nazi’s. The Jewish population saw the writing on the wall and a large part of that population wanted to emigrate to the promised land ‘Israel’. The increased numbers of emigres only added fuel to the fire. At that time there was no ‘International community’ for Palestine as such. On the ground what was happening was that Britain had a mandate to run the area.

The British mandate ran out in 1948. Britain was not the power it had previously been. There are examples of Jews killing British soldiers in Palestine at that time. Britain handed the problem over to the International Community i.e, the United Nations at that time. The UN quite rightly (imo) declared that a two state solution would need to be implemented. The Jews accepted this but the Arab community did not. Several Arab counties invaded Israel in 1948. The ramifications of that we are still reeling from today. War, war and more war.

Sooner or later people will realise that the only solution to this awful, barbaric conflict is a two state solution. We are in revenge mode at the moment and things are looking bleak but imo it is the only solution once the red mist has lifted. The international community must take some responsibility and do something about it. Better people than me have tried though and I don’t know how we implement it.

pembsexile wrote: October 17th, 2023, 7:37 am

Norm, there has always been conflict in the Palestinian areas and this has been rising steadily since the 1930’s. For that you can blame the Nazi’s. The Jewish population saw the writing on the wall and a large part of that population wanted to emigrate to the promised land ‘Israel’. The increased numbers of emigres only added fuel to the fire. At that time there was no ‘International community’ for Palestine as such. On the ground what was happening was that Britain had a mandate to run the area.

The British mandate ran out in 1948. Britain was not the power it had previously been. There are examples of Jews killing British soldiers in Palestine at that time. Britain handed the problem over to the International Community i.e, the United Nations at that time. The UN quite rightly (imo) declared that a two state solution would need to be implemented. The Jews accepted this but the Arab community did not. Several Arab counties invaded Israel in 1948. The ramifications of that we are still reeling from today. War, war and more war.

Sooner or later people will realise that the only solution to this awful, barbaric conflict is a two state solution. We are in revenge mode at the moment and things are looking bleak but imo it is the only solution once the red mist has lifted. The international community must take some responsibility and do something about it. Better people than me have tried though and I don’t know how we implement it.
Evening Mike,

Agree with all you have written. And I hope nobody takes this as support for Hamas, whom I detest.

The illegal occupation by Israel and the continual expansion of Israeli control by the illegal settlements which makes a two State solution impossible, means that peace will never come. Terrorism seldom exists in a vacuum.

Morning Brendan,

I agree that the illegal Israeli settlements are unacceptable. That hurdle however can be overcome. It will be a hard long slog but it can be done. The two state solution is the only solution. Bar none. The International community (UN) must be involved somehow.

Not sure if people are aware that there is a massive geopolitical event going on here. It dwarves all the other regional conflicts that have taken place in recent years. The catalyst and instigator of that is Putin. This is how I see it.

Putin is an ally of Iran (hatred of the West). Iran is an ally of Hezbollah and Hamas (religious affiliation). They have supplied Hamas with the weapons and will to commit this terrible atrocity in Israel last weekend. Israel has seen the red mist, taking action and we are in the middle of that now. Hamas, Iran and Russia want to make the conflict wider to take the pressure off Russia in Ukraine and then negotiate to relieve sanctions against Iran.

President Biden and the USA see the potential and that is why Biden is in Israel today. Good luck with the visit Mr Biden, you will need it.

It is also no coincidence at all that Putin is in China this week for state talks with the Chinese President. These things do not happen by chance, they take weeks or even months to set up. That is why Putin fingerprints are all over this. Now, China is no ally of Putin, I would go as far as to say that they dislike each other. Where there is common ground is in the mistrust of the West. China will do anything to see the West bogged down in support for conflicts that they cannot resolve without directing resources away from them (China). They have their own problems in their own backyard with the Paracel Islands and the Philippines, not even mentioning Taiwan.

I believe that covertly, China is as much, if not more of a threat to the West than Russia. We see this every day within private companies and public agencies in the UK. It is not very pleasant. I just wish there was more public discussion of the matter. Whichever way you see it, it is a massive Geopolitical event happening right now.

There are many passages in the Bible which describe horrendous times in the future. In Luke chapter 21 and Matthew 24 Jesus predicts there will be an increase in wars, earthquakes, famines and pestilences, and anguish and the roaring and tossing of the sea. He warns people to get out of the cities and into the mountains. Descriptions similar to missile attacks and the effects of nuclear weapons are given in old testament books.

Ezekiel 38 mentions several nations that will attack Israel in a future battle. Who Are the nations in Ezekiel 38

The main nations are noted in Ezekiel 38:1-6:

The word of the Lord came to me: “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshek and Tubal; prophesy against him and say: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince of Meshek and Tubal. I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. Persia, Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.

Who are these nations? Not all historians agree but one source describes them thus:

The following nations and/or groups are listed:

Magog: According to first-century Jewish historian Josephus, the land of Magog was inhabited by the Scythians. The Scythians lived throughout Central Asia, indicating its identity is associated with nations today such as Kazakhstan, Kirghizia, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and Tajikistan. Some also include Afghanistan in this group.

Rosh: Rosh is the remote part of the north (38:6, 15; 39:2). Because of this, most interpreters identify Magog as Russia, at least part of Russia, or perhaps Russia and some of the former Soviet nations connected with it.

Meshek (or Meshech) and Tubal: Noted together in this passage, this area is located in part of modern-day Turkey.

Persia: This is the land of modern Iran.

Cush (or Ethiopia): This land, often translated as Ethiopia, is not the same as modern Ethiopia. It represented the land south of Egypt. Today, this nation is Sudan.

Put: Also translated in some versions as Libya, this land is still known as Libya today.

Gomer: Part of modern Turkey.

Beth Togarmah: Part of modern Turkey.

As can be seen, these are all nations surrounding Israel, many of which hold strong feelings against Israel today. Though we do not know when the events of Ezekiel 38 will take place, we can identify the locations today. At some future time, God will draw these nations against Israel where Scripture predicts they will be supernaturally defeated by the Lord.

These events will culminate with the second coming of Jesus Christ. Nobody knows exactly when this will happen (as Jesus made clear in the gospels) but it is imperative to put your faith in Christ now.