Re: M inisters have said displays of support for Hamas in the UK are “repugnant” and urged police action

Torquay Exile wrote: October 9th, 2023, 1:46 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Corbyn era

People celebrating the Hamas atrocity in Israel outside a café in Acton, West London yesterday
I do not support Hamas and in the middle east rather like in the worst stages of the Northern Ireland conflict - they are all as bad and intransigent as each other BUT 'police action' is not only rather dystopian and waste of police resources it will stoke the fires - make martyrs out of anyone just makes matters worse - a few people waving flags are idiots - lets leave it there.

Re: M inisters have said displays of support for Hamas in the UK are “repugnant” and urged police action

CathedralCounty wrote: October 9th, 2023, 8:45 am
Torquay Exile wrote: October 9th, 2023, 1:46 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Corbyn era

People celebrating the Hamas atrocity in Israel outside a café in Acton, West London yesterday
I do not support Hamas and in the middle east rather like in the worst stages of the Northern Ireland conflict - they are all as bad and intransigent as each other BUT 'police action' is not only rather dystopian and waste of police resources it will stoke the fires - make martyrs out of anyone just makes matters worse - a few people waving flags are idiots - lets leave it there.

Left-wing journalist Rivkah Brown sparks fury with tweet celebrating Hamas attack on Israel which left 700 dead after terrorists massacred civilians during bloody rampage

German tattoo artist Shani Louk, 30, was kidnapped by Hamas terrorists from a music festival in Israel on Saturday

German tattoo artist Shani Louk, 30, was at a music festival when she was seized by terrorists before her body was taken back to Gaza and paraded on the back of a pick-up truck as crowds ran alongside and spat on her.

Well, I have no doubt that there will be congratulations and condemnations from both sides in this awful conflict. There will be no winners, just lots of innocent lives lost. In the interest of balance I support the view and statement of the Scottish First Minister Hamza Yousuf in this. He has family caught up in the tragedy and managed to put out a view that I hope will be supported by lots of like minded people. Well done that man.

pembsexile wrote: October 9th, 2023, 4:52 pm Well, I have no doubt that there will be congratulations and condemnations from both sides in this awful conflict. There will be no winners, just lots of innocent lives lost. In the interest of balance I support the view and statement of the Scottish First Minister Hamza Yousuf in this. He has family caught up in the tragedy and managed to put out a view that I hope will be supported by lots of like minded people. Well done that man.

There are allegations that Scottish First Minister Hamza Yousaf has ties to terrorist organizations.

Hamas are a terrorist organization. Funded by Iran they have no morals and no scruples.

That does not excuse the behaviour of the Israeli government towards the Palestinians. There will be one day a two State solution to this conflict. There will one day be peace. One day Hamas or at least the Hamas leadership, and Netanyahu will be remembered, if they are rememberrd at all, as butchers.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 9th, 2023, 6:51 pm Hamas are a terrorist organization. Funded by Iran they have no morals and no scruples.

That does not excuse the behaviour of the Israeli government towards the Palestinians. There will be one day a two State solution to this conflict. There will one day be peace. One day Hamas or at least the Hamas leadership, and Netanyahu will be remembered, if they are rememberrd at all, as butchers.

You start off by saying that "Hamas are a terrorist organisation" and then you blame Israel for defending themselves by saying it is their fault for the attack. You have some serious problems?

But having said that someone who is now living in a part of Ireland where terrorism is expected and allowed by many.

Watch the videos below on Hamas attacking innocent people.

Tell me again who started the attack first?

Torquay Exile wrote: October 10th, 2023, 4:00 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 9th, 2023, 6:51 pm Hamas are a terrorist organization. Funded by Iran they have no morals and no scruples.

You start off by saying that "Hamas are a terrorist organisation" and then you blame Israel for defending themselves by saying it is their fault for the attack. You have some serious problems?

But having said that someone who is now living in a part of Ireland where terrorism is expected and allowed by many.

Let me help you.

Targeting innocent civilians is a war crime. I have no difficulty in unequivocally condemming the murder of innocent Israeli civilians by the terrorist organization which is Hamas.

So tell me that I am equally repulsed by Israel blowing up innocent Palestinians. When a mother cradles her dead two year old child in her arms, I doubt that a Jewish mother feels any more or less pain than a Palestinian mother.

Tell me why you think differently?

Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 10th, 2023, 10:53 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: October 10th, 2023, 4:00 pm

Let me help you.

Targeting innocent civilians is a war crime. I have no difficulty in unequivocally condemming the murder of innocent Israeli civilians by the terrorist organization which is Hamas.

So tell me that I am equally repulsed by Israel blowing up innocent Palestinians. When a mother cradles her dead two year old child in her arms, I doubt that a Jewish mother feels any more or less pain than a Palestinian mother.

Tell me why you think differently?

Have you watched the videos? So that you understand, I never said that I don't believe you. I have researched and listened to many podcasts and watched numerous videos on terrorism, so I do understand terrorism a little bit. However, I would appreciate it if you could share any relevant links or information that you may have on acts of terrorism by Israel.

Torquay Exile wrote: October 10th, 2023, 11:36 pm

Have you watched the videos? So that you understand, I never said that I don't believe you. I have researched and listened to many podcasts and watched numerous videos on terrorism, so I do understand terrorism a little bit. However, I would appreciate it if you could share any relevant links or information that you may have on acts of terrorism by Israel.
300 children under the age of 18 have died in Gaza since Saturday. Collective punishment is a war crime.

Also I can assure you that terrorism is neither accepted or expected in Ireland.

By the way I worked as a human rights lawyer for over twenty years. I have seen the videos. I have seen the scars on people who have been subjected to torture. Here's the funny thing. When a bullet tears into human flesh, you can't tell the difference between a Jew and a Muslim, or a Paddy and a Brit, or a man and a woman, they all screem just the same. Violence breeds violence. It is the innocent who suffer. And unfortunately too many of us fail to realize that one act of terror does not justify a reaction of terror.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: October 10th, 2023, 11:50 pm
Torquay Exile wrote: October 10th, 2023, 11:36 pm

300 children under the age of 18 have died in Gaza since Saturday. Collective punishment is a war crime.

Also I can assure you that terrorism is neither accepted or expected in Ireland.

By the way I worked as a human rights lawyer for over twenty years. I have seen the videos. I have seen the scars on people who have been subjected to torture. Here's the funny thing. When a bullet tears into human flesh, you can't tell the difference between a Jew and a Muslim, or a Paddy and a Brit, or a man and a woman, they all screem just the same. Violence breeds violence. It is the innocent who suffer. And unfortunately too many of us fail to realize that one act of terror does not justify a reaction of terror.
‘Violence breeds violence. It is the innocent who suffer’. Never have truer words been spoken. All over the world this happens. People will never learn, ever, unfortunately. It is in the human mindset.

What happens is that there is an immediate thirst for vengeance and attacks against the attackers. That is what is happening now. Innocents will suffer. Targeting women, children with rape and kidnapping is abhorrent. Group punishment against innocent people is abhorrent. I have no idea what the answer is. We need a pill to get rid of the red mist. Only then……

Hamas Terrorist attached a village and killed many people (women and children) whilst they were eating, chopped some of the villagers heads off. That's the sort of Animals they are dealing with. Do Hamas terrorist deserve to live? They are hiding behind many people in Palestine (The Gaza Strip), and funded by other countries. They are shopkeepers, they are business owners and they are hiding behind businesses, trying to make out they are innocent Palestinians.

Hamas Flag

HAMAS–the acronym for Harakat al-Muqawama al-Islamiya (Islamic Resistance Movement)—is the largest and most capable militant group in the Palestinian territories and one of the territories’ two major political parties. HAMAS emerged in 1987 during the first Palestinian uprising, or intifada, as an outgrowth of the Muslim Brotherhood’s Palestinian branch. The group is committed to armed resistance against Israel and the creation of an Islamic Palestinian state in Israel’s place. HAMAS has been the de facto governing body in the Gaza Strip since 2007, when it ousted the Palestinian Authority from power.

OPERATING AREAS

Primarily in Gaza; also maintains a presence in the West Bank; Palestinian refugee camps in Lebanon; and key regional capitals, such as Doha, Qatar, and Cairo, Egypt.

MEMBERS

Between 20,000 and 25,000

TACTICS AND TARGETS

HAMAS uses improvised explosive devices, short- and long-range rockets and mortars, small arms, kidnapping operations, rocket-propelled grenades, man-portable air defense systems, antitank missiles, and unmanned aircraft systems in attacks against Israeli military forces and civilians, as well as against ISIS and other Salafist armed group members based in Gaza. The group also uses cyber espionage and computer network exploitation operations.

FOREIGN TERRORIST GROUP DESIGNATION

The US State Department designated HAMAS as a foreign terrorist organization in October 1997.

KEY LEADERS

Ismail Haniyeh

Political Bureau chief since May 2017; has operated from Doha, Qatar, since 2020

Salih al-Aruri

Political Bureau deputy chief since 2017

Yahya Al Sinwar

Gaza Political Bureau chief since 2017

Khaled Mashal

Political Bureau External Region chief since early 2021; Political Bureau chief from April 1996 to May 2017

NOTABLE ATTACKS

29 APRIL 2022

West Bank

HAMAS’s military wing, the Al-Qassam Brigades, claims full responsibility for the shooting of an Israeli guard in the West Bank. Other Palestinian militants also claim responsibility for the attack.

23 NOVEMBER 2021

Jerusalem

A HAMAS member kills an Israeli tour guide and wounds several civilians and Israeli police officers.

MAY 2021

Gaza Strip and Israel

HAMAS launches more than 4,000 rockets at Israel during 11 days of hostilities; Israel responds with widespread air and artillery strikes on HAMAS targets in Gaza. The conflict results in 260 deaths in Gaza and 13 deaths in Israel.

1 OCTOBER 2015

Near Palestinian village of Beit Furik, West Bank

HAMAS gunmen kill an American-Israeli citizen and his wife in their car.