Re: Meet Nick Bailey, the landlord of The Robin

Kevinmoorefellover wrote: November 21st, 2023, 9:16 am
North London Exile wrote: November 20th, 2023, 9:11 pm Down the hill from me. I often walk past it, and I will continue to walk past it,
Was it called The Racecourse at one time? I used to walk past it on my way to Finsbury Park Underground station. I used to drink in the Old Dairy, just down from it, and the Worlds End, further up Stroud Green Road.
Yes. Crouch Hill Overground opposite.

The Old Dairy is back up and running after a long spell of closure during the Covid years. I personally tend to use the Stapleton Hall Arms on the other side of the road.

I do strongly recommend the garage on Sparsholt Road, which I have patronised for my MOTs over a number of years. (Holloway Service Station - moved from Holloway Road a long time ago.)

Re: Meet Nick Bailey, the landlord of The Robin

North London Exile wrote: November 24th, 2023, 2:17 pm
Kevinmoorefellover wrote: November 21st, 2023, 9:16 am
North London Exile wrote: November 20th, 2023, 9:11 pm Down the hill from me. I often walk past it, and I will continue to walk past it,
Was it called The Racecourse at one time? I used to walk past it on my way to Finsbury Park Underground station. I used to drink in the Old Dairy, just down from it, and the Worlds End, further up Stroud Green Road.
Yes. Crouch Hill Overground opposite.

The Old Dairy is back up and running after a long spell of closure during the Covid years. I personally tend to use the Stapleton Hall Arms on the other side of the road.

I do strongly recommend the garage on Sparsholt Road, which I have patronised for my MOTs over a number of years. (Holloway Service Station - moved from Holloway Road a long time ago.)
Thanks for the tip and it’s good to be reminded of the area. I left Crouch End to move back to south Wales 20 years ago. I used to walk past the pubs to Finsbury Park as it was pretty much as quick as catching the W3.