Re: Eastleigh and Wrexham home tickets.

Here's an interesting suggestion from the Eastleigh forum.....

....The ground holds about 8000 and they have not had a crowd of over 5000 for 18 months so would think we have a decent chance of getting a further allocation. It would be in the covered Bisley stand which seems to be divided into 7 blocks of around 300 seats, so quite easy to give us another 1/2/3 blocks.

😆😆😆

I didn't really mean it was an interesting suggestion, morelike one hatched up without any knowledge of Rodney Parade. That's why the number is set at 1030 and won't be changed. We have no need to change anything. Capacity is not 8000 for football and away teams get 15% of 7000. Yes, there will be lots of space in the ground, but it is what it is.

Same poster on the Eastleigh forum.......

.......Newport are putting home tickets on sale tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if they put seats on sale next to the away section (ie the seats that would be part of an extra allocation). If they do that would suggest they are not going to give us any more tickets.

A bit slow on the uptake I think. The seats next to the away section are probably almost all season ticket holders.

excessbee wrote: December 17th, 2023, 10:46 pm Same poster on the Eastleigh forum.......

.......Newport are putting home tickets on sale tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if they put seats on sale next to the away section (ie the seats that would be part of an extra allocation). If they do that would suggest they are not going to give us any more tickets.

A bit slow on the uptake I think. The seats next to the away section are probably almost all season ticket holders.
Obviously Eastleigh have at least one delusionist amongst their supporters, as do most clubs I should think.

excessbee wrote: December 17th, 2023, 10:46 pm Same poster on the Eastleigh forum.......

Indeed lots of ST'ers in that area.

CathedralCounty wrote: December 18th, 2023, 9:16 am

Indeed lots of ST'ers in that area.
That particular poster is being totally naive in just looking at ground capacity (the wrong figure actually) and a fanciful idea that they can just fill up as many seats as they want to have. There will be loads of space in the ground that is inaccessible to them, that's just the way it is. ......another message now picks up on the 8000 capacity notion and suggests they are entitled to 1200 tickets.

excessbee wrote: December 18th, 2023, 9:19 am Their home attendance seems to hover around the 2000 mark so if 1000 want to come to this 'special' match for them, then all credit to them. I'm sure a few extras will manage to get a home area ticket and if sensibly behaved then good luck to them. I suppose they do have the option to watch Southampton without travelling :lol:
if sensibly behaved Lawyers, doctors, teachers, plumbers, police officers, granddads, mothers, etc are football fans we are in majority 'sensibly behaved' - not having a go at you but no reason why not, even at the Leeds game loads of Leeds fans mingled in and there was no issues, its hardly a 'high profile' game.

[edit] on their allocation I can see them bringing a fair few but doubt they'll be filled to the absolute max - 1000 should more than suffice.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: December 17th, 2023, 2:58 pm
G Guest wrote: December 17th, 2023, 2:42 pm https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... wrexham-h/

Some innovative thinking going on here.
Agree. Looks like the club is doing what they see as the best way of cashing in on the 'circus' that will surround our home game with Wrexham.
Yep. Probably another way of making sure as few Wrexham fans as possible end up in the wrong end.