Re: L2 Transfer Watch

Quiet window which I welcome we are on a good run but will not go up clubs like Notts C will break their bad runs and we won’t catch them, we will also hit a poor patch before season end and no danger of going down. Better business is always done in the summer and as we saw in the unprofessional Trust / Flynn days panic buys / signings rarely work. We already appear a much better run club, one forward which reflects Bogle injury and doubts on Zanzala made sense and Wood out goes towards balancing books.
Think we have a positive future to look forward to.

G Guest wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 10:23 am At first I thought you were being pessimistic. We won't go up. We will have a bad run and so on. None of that is certain. I'm glad you weren't making the decisions in 1989.
Agree to the extent that it’s probably folly to make assumptions at this stage. Sure there are possibilities and probabilities but nothing is set in stone. We could go on a run and end up close to a playoff spot, conversely we could go on a disastrous one and end up in relegation trouble. What we must still do is scrap for every point and see where we are in the run in, I won’t rest until they’re enough to mathematically ensure safety, after that what happens is a bonus.

G Guest wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 10:23 am At first I thought you were being pessimistic. We won't go up. We will have a bad run and so on. None of that is certain. I'm glad you weren't making the decisions in 1989.
Realistic - I would prefer our budget kept for the summer, we have seen in an orderly market which the summer is GC can find some gems SL/ BM and I think our defensive signings he made were also decent. The 24/25 squad is the one that will have a real chance of taking us up - plan don't panic - I don't think in '89 money was been regularly wasted as we did see in a number of Jan windows, which ultimately saw the Board admit to a £1.2m loss

I feel that we are only just waking up to the quality of some of GC's summer signings. Maybe because he had to trawl the basement we assumed that they wouldn't be up to much. But McLoughlin and Delaney have become good players for us and Morris is making his mark in spectacular fashion.
Anyway following a club like County is much about dreaming.

County ranger wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 11:55 am
Realistic - I would prefer our budget kept for the summer, we have seen in an orderly market which the summer is GC can find some gems SL/ BM and I think our defensive signings he made were also decent. The 24/25 squad is the one that will have a real chance of taking us up - plan don't panic - I don't think in '89 money was been regularly wasted as we did see in a number of Jan windows, which ultimately saw the Board admit to a £1.2m loss
Agree about keeping our budget for the summer, but I'm certainly not assuming the cup monies (500k +?) will all be added to our player budget. How much will be required to balance our books at the seasons end?
In addition to our filed 393k deficit, still feel we haven't had clarity about how much and to whom we owe/ owed money. Appreciate we've got a repayment agreement with the Dragons for overdue payments, yet am led to believe we still haven't paid a penny towards this seasons rent.
Will the clubs 22/23 accounts, due for filing 31st March, give us more insight?
Lots of questions still to be answered. Will HJ actually be more transparent that the Trust Board?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 1:12 pm
County ranger wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 11:55 am
Agree about keeping our budget for the summer, but I'm certainly not assuming the cup monies (500k +?) will all be added to our player budget. How much will be required to balance our books at the seasons end?
In addition to our filed 393k deficit, still feel we haven't had clarity about how much and to whom we owe/ owed money. Appreciate we've got a repayment agreement with the Dragons for overdue payments, yet am led to believe we still haven't paid a penny towards this seasons rent.
Will the clubs 22/23 accounts, due for filing 31st March, give us more insight?
Lots of questions still to be answered. Will HJ actually be more transparent that the Trust Board?
When you sign a one year lease, rather than long term deal, it is normally on less favourable terms. However at one of the Trusts meetings it was stated that a new owner would be in a much better position to agree a long term deal that offered savings to both parties.

Annual TV money was also brought forward to help covid losses at the time, but that just meant that we didn't have it later. That's the sort of thing that has to be worked through the finances over a longer period, unless you have a parent company that can write off the loan.

RP ran up a £800k loss, 4 years running. Would that have happened, if they thought it would need to be paid back? My guess is that it was written off at the time the Dragons separated from the WRU. Whether any of our payments for pitch renewal etc was included who knows?

These rumours about Cain coming back and that FGR midfielder.Who comes up with these suggestions,was there ever any truth in them.I think it was Corky who was adamant that Evans and McLoughlin were gone,obviously his sources were wrong there,is it agents pushing their players to convince clubs to go for their guys.

Percy plunkett wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 3:02 pm These rumours about Cain coming back and that FGR midfielder.Who comes up with these suggestions,was there ever any truth in them.I think it was Corky who was adamant that Evans and McLoughlin were gone,obviously his sources were wrong there,is it agents pushing their players to convince clubs to go for their guys.
Probably not a co-incidence that Wrexham signed a striker and right back late in the transfer window, after initially being linked with Evans and McLoughlin.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 3:35 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 3:02 pm These rumours about Cain coming back and that FGR midfielder.Who comes up with these suggestions,was there ever any truth in them.I think it was Corky who was adamant that Evans and McLoughlin were gone,obviously his sources were wrong there,is it agents pushing their players to convince clubs to go for their guys.
Probably not a co-incidence that Wrexham signed a striker and right back late in the transfer window, after initially being linked with Evans and McLoughlin.
Hahaha F¥ck off Wrexham, **** off Wrexhan, La La La La, La La La La - and repeat! 😂

G Guest wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 9:56 pm I think HJ is going for promotion this season. If so there is little point in selling Evans for a pittance and throwing the chance away.
Really? I don’t know what evidence you have for that assertion, he hasn’t gone for a few quality signings!
Anyway as I remarked to Brendan, you can’t decide when to be promoted. Just keep trying to win points and see where you are in the run in.