Re: L2 Transfer Watch

G Guest wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 10:40 pm He has n't cashed in offers for players which he says we've received either. That's evidence.
Read the comments you cash in when it doesn’t weaken the club. Selling Evans now would mean no replacement other than a panic buy / loan. They will now be planning summer targets to allow desired replacements to come in and not weaken us prior to selling Evans who will still have a year on his contract so unable to leave for free. The other option is to extend his contract but unlikely he would sign and use him as the foundation of a promotion push next season.

Are you sure he has a year left? No-one seems to know. If he has it makes him quite valuable and all the more commendable that he hasn't been transferred and further evidence that we want a run into the playoffs.

Oh and you weaken the squad every time you sell one of your best players. County is a selling club and always has been. We have sold many players over the years and it always weakens us but it helps us to survive.

G Guest wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 12:15 pm Are you sure he has a year left? No-one seems to know. If he has it makes him quite valuable and all the more commendable that he hasn't been transferred and further evidence that we want a run into the playoffs.

Oh and you weaken the squad every time you sell one of your best players. County is a selling club and always has been. We have sold many players over the years and it always weakens us but it helps us to survive.
I am sure there is an option which we will exercise. If he was out of contract in the summer we would have sold him and it is likely no offers would have been received the suitors would have waited until the summer and added the fee to his wage package to make sure he moved to them.
Depends how you replace the sold player look at successful sides they continue to develop after selling players that shock fans at the time.

rncfc wrote: February 4th, 2024, 10:20 am
excessbee wrote: February 4th, 2024, 10:17 am If he's been unable to break into the Wrexham team, I think he will be below the standard we need. They aren't the world beaters they thought they were earlier in the season
He's had injury problems and I guess they are in too much of a rush to be patient.
I don't think County would necessarily rule out someone with injury problems as long as the medical team/physios were confident that they could ease the player to full fitness and prevent any recurring injury from coming back.

The bigger question is likely to be whether they could play at a higher level. County need to be looking at progression and that means looking at L1 capable players. That may require a punt on someone with an injury history...