Re: Exiles Grandstand: Eastleigh FA Cup Round 3

excessbee wrote: January 6th, 2024, 9:41 pm
lowandhard wrote: January 6th, 2024, 9:39 pm
excessbee wrote: January 6th, 2024, 9:33 pm But still nothing official about the nature of his injury, or have I missed something?
The dogs on the street are saying “ Evans to Exeter, Bogle to Mansfield “. Let’s hope they’re barking up the wrong tree!
Are you suggesting a few porkies are being told?
Well I’ve been a County fan long enough to heavily salt the pork I get served so I’m not necessarily putting this in my baguette but I am beginning to wonder!

I don't get when fans defend the managerand criticise these player .they are his players he signed them he was given a budget to provide a sqaud to complete for the season .I get the budget was cut from the season before but its still not the worse budget and its competitive. GC teams play accounter attacting style of football which works when the opposition come at you and when they don't its hard to watch like today .

owlsabout wrote: January 6th, 2024, 11:48 pm I don't get when fans defend the managerand criticise these player .they are his players he signed them he was given a budget to provide a sqaud to complete for the season .I get the budget was cut from the season before but its still not the worse budget and its competitive. GC teams play accounter attacting style of football which works when the opposition come at you and when they don't its hard to watch like today .
It is alleged that we have one of, if not the lowest budget in the League, if that is true then it is hardly competitive. The budget was also a contributory factor in key players departing at the end of last season leaving GC to try and make a silk purse out of a sows ear. When you are forced to shop in the bargain basement you are inevitably going to get substandard goods, and in many respects that is precisely what we got.

So let’s try and recognise the hand that GC was dealt, thanks entirely to the grossly incompetent Trust along with the erstwhile Chairman, Foxhall,, and hope and pray that January will see a little more quality joining the squad.

He didn't have to sign 2 centre halfs that have hardly played because they areprone to injuries. Aaron Lewis deal was there to be done before Mansfield came knocking blame GC for that one ,micky D our captain never misses games was asked to take a cut in wages ? Hears one don't sign those 2 centre halfs that hardly kicked a ball for us and get the deal done with MD no brainer quality or quantity.

owlsabout wrote: January 7th, 2024, 9:19 am He didn't have to sign 2 centre halfs that have hardly played because they areprone to injuries. Aaron Lewis deal was there to be done before Mansfield came knocking blame GC for that one ,micky D our captain never misses games was asked to take a cut in wages ? Hears one don't sign those 2 centre halfs that hardly kicked a ball for us and get the deal done with MD no brainer quality or quantity.
Those decisions may not have been his choice ?
If Foxhall and the BOD wouldn't allow him to offer MD or AL more money that was offered to them his hands were / could have been tied ?
Every signing is a gamble of sorts.
MD was signed by us after being injured for 18 months on and off ? That's probably why Westley was able to sign a player of his quality. It was lucky that he hardly missed a game since then for us. What's to say it couldn't have happened with Jameson or Drysdale ? ( Hindsight is wonderful ).

Yes ultimately it's down to GC and his signings whether they work out but IMO it's down to the incompetence of the BOD and the TRUST for allowing the club to get into the mess we found ourselves whilst saying everything was fine and we were doing ok thanks to the money we had earned from the Cup runs ,when in reality we were up a certain creek without a paddle .
Also I'm not entirely sure whether GC had any chance of persuading MD to stay irrelevant of a better offer being made because Mrs D had already decided to move ' nearer to their home' ....( Allegedly according to reports / rumours ).

owlsabout wrote: January 7th, 2024, 10:42 am Neil it's GC decision how he choses to use his budget imo he's got it wrong and the micky deal was his choice he wanted to stay . nothing to do with his mrs wanting to move and kids changing school they are homed schooled ,his mrs had only just purchased a horse 🐎 so why would you do that if intended to move .I do agree about board tho
I'm sure we can all make guesses about such issues ( educated or otherwise) , but what none of can do is turn the clock back. Time to face the reality of where we're at, whilst not forgetting learning from possible past mistakes.