Exiles Grandstand: Eastleigh FA Cup Round 3

Tomorrow's match seems to me to be very pivotal in the County's season. Win it and we'll be on a high, hoping for a glamorous 4th round tie, with the potential of bringing in much needed finance. Lose it and it could be a long hard slog to the end of the season, possibly being caught up in a relegation battle if FGR etc have money to spend in the transfer window.

Forget Wrexham, for now, let's get behind the boys tomorrow.

Re: Exiles Grandstand: Eastleigh FA Cup Round 3

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: January 5th, 2024, 11:26 am

Having watched it Dave my analysis. I could be wrong.

If we win tomorrow Will Evans will stay. If we lose Will Evans will be sold.

If we win tomorrow Graham Coughlan will stay. (At least until the end of the season.) If we lose Huw Jenkins will announce his arrival by telling us that the new manager is...................?

My money's on Leon Briton.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 5th, 2024, 12:28 pm

If we win tomorrow Graham Coughlan will stay. (At least until the end of the season.) If we lose Huw Jenkins will announce his arrival by telling us that the new manager is...................?

Or, as an outside bet, if we win tomorrow and draw Man Utd away in round 4, the takeover will fall through.

I didn’t get all that, I must admit but in truth a manager‘s job and a good player‘s likelihood to be poached is nothing new. What i found interesting was his remarks about the enigma that is Omar and the unknown status of his injury, is it Omar who wants a move?

Eastleigh have an unusual record over their five most recent national league matches. A total of 29 goals were scored, 14 by Eastleigh and 15 by opponents. The games averaged almost 6 goals a game. Two of them featured 8 goals, a 4 all draw and a 5-3 win for Eastleigh. Tomorrow's game looks a more exiting prospect than the all PL
nil nil bore draw played yesterday that was selected for TV.

lowandhard wrote: January 5th, 2024, 1:50 pm

I didn’t get all that, I must admit but in truth a manager‘s job and a good player‘s likelihood to be poached is nothing new. What i found interesting was his remarks about the enigma that is Omar and the unknown status of his injury, is it Omar who wants a move?
Hi Mike,

I'll give you my reasoning. He made no comment about Omar's injury. He did though confirm interest in Will. Now everyone knows that there is interest in one and that the other is long term injured. Had Graham been silent on both or had he been open on both it would have been impossible to draw an inference but to confirm one and be silent on another is perhaps worthy of note.

Second point. Look at Graham Coughlan's demeanour. He seemed to be a man under pressure to me. If he was confident in his future he wouldn't have seemed so stressed. If he knew he was for the sack I think he would have been far more relaxed, demob' happy. As it is he struck me as a man with a lot riding on tomorrow's result.

As you will know but for the benefit of others, this is mere speculation on my part. I'm not saying this is the case, I'm saying it might be.

G Guest wrote: January 5th, 2024, 1:52 pm Eastleigh have an unusual record over their five most recent national league matches. A total of 29 goals were scored, 14 by Eastleigh and 15 by opponents. The games averaged almost 6 goals a game. Two of them featured 8 goals, a 4 all draw and a 5-3 win for Eastleigh. Tomorrow's game looks a more exiting prospect than the all PL
In the league away from home, P13 W3 D3 L7 GF18 GA26 Pts12

G Guest wrote: January 5th, 2024, 1:52 pm Eastleigh have an unusual record over their five most recent national league matches. A total of 29 goals were scored, 14 by Eastleigh and 15 by opponents. The games averaged almost 6 goals a game. Two of them featured 8 goals, a 4 all draw and a 5-3 win for Eastleigh. Tomorrow's game looks a more exiting prospect than the all PL
If we're not up for it from the word go then we'll be in trouble. I'm not sure our defence is good enough to stop them scoring a couple of goals so we need Evans and co to take their chances.