Re: Great Incentive

excessbee wrote: January 10th, 2024, 11:18 am Agree, huge game. Too early for fans to get worked up about the possibility of the next round. I have a season ticket so will get the protection of a couple of days grace to claim my seat should the need arise.
I dunno people like to know where they are nowadays - people seem to have much busier lives (tickets for even unknown bands go out months in advance nowadays), even allowing for the tech at our disposal the club is still going to be getting a lot of analogue sales as a lot buyers can't/don't/won't have online accounts or an 'in' like a season ticket or membership to secure tickets and even if they do many may still need to pick up their tickets - I think its very sensible to put out a statement.

I also emailed S4C asking why they never show County games and seemingly favour Wrecsam …. This is the reply I received this morning…

Hi Allan,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

There are a number of editorial, scheduling, financial and contractual considerations that we have to take into account around our coverage of FA Cup fixtures.

BBC Network, BBC Wales and ITV get the first pick of FA Cup games to broadcast, there are then a select number of games available for us to choose from. The decision on whether we are able to show a game and which game to show does involve considering the editorial issues, cost, timing of the game and the impact on our schedules.

I hope this helps explain the situation, but I will be sure to make a note of your comments and pass them on to the relevant people within S4C.

Hmmmm

excessbee wrote: January 10th, 2024, 1:31 pm Don't hold your breath. The test will come on whether they take their trucks on the road to Blackburn or not.
Bet you 50p they DO cover the Blackburn v Wrexham game (if not already covered by another channel)...their 'one show' clone Heno and precious evening soaps are too important to shift for our replay.

Exile 1976 wrote: January 10th, 2024, 1:25 pm I also emailed S4C asking why they never show County games and seemingly favour Wrecsam …. This is the reply I received this morning…

Hi Allan,

There are a number of editorial, scheduling, financial and contractual considerations that we have to take into account around our coverage of FA Cup fixtures.

BBC Network, BBC Wales and ITV get the first pick of FA Cup games to broadcast, there are then a select number of games available for us to choose from. The decision on whether we are able to show a game and which game to show does involve considering the editorial issues, cost, timing of the game and the impact on our schedules.

I hope this helps explain the situation, but I will be sure to make a note of your comments and pass them on to the relevant people within S4C.

Hmmmm
Can you share the relevant email address please - worth a few more of us pushing them on this.

CathedralCounty wrote: January 10th, 2024, 2:19 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: January 10th, 2024, 1:25 pm I also emailed S4C asking why they never show County games and seemingly favour Wrecsam …. This is the reply I received this morning…

Hi Allan,

Hmmmm
Can you share the relevant email address please - worth a few more of us pushing them on this.

Yep. Email address I sent to was as follows:-

gwifren@s4c.cymru

Gentlemen,

If you are tempted to email SC4 there is a very obvious question to ask. Namely.

Since 2013 Newport County have played eleven seasons. Ten at a higher level than Wrexham and one with both clubs in the same division. In those ten years and five months from August 2013 to date, how many live games have SC4 televised involving Wrexham compared to the live games televised of Newport County?

I look forward to your response.

Should be interesting. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 10th, 2024, 5:46 pm Gentlemen,

If you are tempted to email SC4 there is a very obvious question to ask. Namely.

Since 2013 Newport County have played eleven seasons. Ten at a higher level than Wrexham and one with both clubs in the same division. In those ten years and five months from August 2013 to date, how many live games have SC4 televised involving Wrexham compared to the live games televised of Newport County?

Newport County-1 (one) FA cup game.

Wrexham:

2 possibly 3 FA trophy finals
4 possibly 5 FA cup games (2 this season alone and a few in past years)
A trophy parade, yes wall to wall coverage of the national league (5th tier) trophy parade

CathedralCounty wrote: January 10th, 2024, 8:23 pm

Wrexham:

A trophy parade, yes wall to wall coverage of the national league (5th tier) trophy parade
The point of asking SC4 is that SC4 would then need to justify their answer. It doesn't matter that we all know the answer, what matters is getting SC4 to acknowledge it.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 10th, 2024, 8:36 pm

Wrexham:

The point of asking SC4 is that SC4 would then need to justify their answer. It doesn't matter that we all know the answer, what matters is getting SC4 to acknowledge it.
Just a minor point Brendan, it's S4C not SC4.

Blackandamber wrote: January 10th, 2024, 8:41 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: January 10th, 2024, 8:36 pm

Wrexham:

Just a minor point Brendan, it's S4C not SC4.
:oops:

Wrexham:

We've had our FA Cup games against Blackburn and Walsall on S4C, whether we've had any more than that I can't remember.