Harrogate, Man U or Eastleigh in 2 weeks

On the last weekend of the month we'll either be playing Harrogate on Friday night or Man U on Sunday afternoon.

There is however a 3rd possibility. There is a possibility of bad weather on the night of the replay in the south of England. Snow or ice. In the event that Eastleigh's pitch is unplayable, the match would probably be re-arranged for the weekend of the 4th round.

Re: Harrogate, Man U or Eastleigh in 2 weeks

I thought I was a pessimist! Doubtful it would be called off, Eastleigh are a fully professional club with a decent ground and pitch - imagine they'd beg steal and borrow all the tech available so the match could go ahead, if the weather was truly awful and called off for [fan] safety reasons then it is what it is but again highly unlikely given the 4th round opposition and all that comes with it.

CathedralCounty wrote: January 12th, 2024, 8:52 am I thought I was a pessimist! Doubtful it would be called off, Eastleigh are a fully professional club with a decent ground and pitch - imagine they'd beg steal and borrow all the tech available so the match could go ahead, if the weather was truly awful and called off for [fan] safety reasons then it is what it is but again highly unlikely given the 4th round opposition and all that comes with it.
I would prefer to say that I'm a realist rather than a pessimist. All I said was there's a possibility, based on the latest weather forecasts, that frost or ice or snow could affect the game. Get the long johns out :lol:

Edit: the latest forecasts say that the temperature should stay just above freezing during the game, and any snow will fall on Wednesday morning and will be light.

Edit: Now saying there'll be no snow or rain in southern England.

By chance got chatting to a very nice lady when on a lovely country walk just today, she said her and her husband had booked non refundable room in Harrogate, my advice go anyway have heard it’s a nice place and there is a bettys tea room there which does an amazing afternoon tea I’m told. IF we get the 4th round game then whizz back home in time for the game and if we don’t well then we’ll be playing Harrogate as planned.

Blackandamber wrote: January 11th, 2024, 10:16 pm On the last weekend of the month we'll either be playing Harrogate on Friday night or Man U on Sunday afternoon.

There is however a 3rd possibility. There is a possibility of bad weather on the night of the replay in the south of England. Snow or ice. In the event that Eastleigh's pitch is unplayable, the match would probably be re-arranged for the weekend of the 4th round.
I live in Eastleigh borough about a 10 minute drive from the ground, and a quick look at the local weather says it's going to be -3 degrees Celsius on Monday night, 3 during the day on Tuesday, 1 degree at 6pm and then dropping to zero by 9pm, so here's hoping they've covered the pitch and it doesn't refreeze.

My wife would be decidedly unimpressed at going to a rearranged match on her birthday too. :shock:

UPTHEPORT wrote: January 14th, 2024, 7:31 pm
Coxy wrote: January 14th, 2024, 6:35 pm Not be able to attend on Tuesday evening I will have to settle for IFollow. Being a bit thick re technology, does anyone know can I get IFollow on our smart TV or would I have to watch it on the computer ? PS: Wouldn't be surprised if the game is off due to frozen pitch.
Won't be on iFollow mate they don't have FA Cup rights
That's what I thought, however it is showing as the next game on our website.

Easiest way would be to hook a laptop to your TV via HDMI connection. You have to sign up for ifollow and possibly download software, then pay to get a pass, so try a long time before watching to make sure.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 14th, 2024, 7:41 pm
Coxy wrote: January 14th, 2024, 6:35 pm Not be able to attend on Tuesday evening I will have to settle for IFollow. Being a bit thick re technology, does anyone know can I get IFollow on our smart TV or would I have to watch it on the computer ? PS: Wouldn't be surprised if the game is off due to frozen pitch.

Easiest way would be to hook a laptop to your TV via HDMI connection. You have to sign up for ifollow and possibly download software, then pay to get a pass, so try a long time before watching to make sure.
Hope you're right but there's no mention of buying a video pass, which it usually does. Maybe it's just live texts updates.

Blackandamber wrote: January 14th, 2024, 7:53 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: January 14th, 2024, 7:41 pm

Hope you're right but there's no mention of buying a video pass, which it usually does. Maybe it's just live texts updates.
I have a monthly pass, and when signed in, puts me directly to the match centre, which is usually where the broadcast sits. It also has a match countdown clock as usual.

Bangitintrnet wrote: January 14th, 2024, 8:11 pm
Coxy wrote: January 14th, 2024, 8:00 pm Ah yes forgot about the cup rights etc. As it's showing on club website I'm guessing it might be audio only.
Yes, looking at the match centre, it does in fact say listen now, instead of watch now.
I think I'm going to watch a re run of some middling 1990's crime drama on ITV3 to distract myself and check the score at 9:50pm - don't think I could stand the stress or Rob Phillips' warbling...we'll know the result either way in about 37 ish hours won't we.